The Student Room Group

Are my grades good enough for dentistry??

I have 3A*s in Rs, maths and english lang
4As in Chem, bio, physics and geography
2 Bs in French and ICT
C in English Lit
Uni courses will be limited, Birmingham requires A* in bio and chem, same with Cardiff. C in English might limit you too. But along as you get AAA at A level there are still plenty of unis!
Reply 2
Should be fine, it's Eng Lang that they care about.
GCSEs don't really matter toooooo much because you can apply to unis that place more weight on the UKCAT
you've got 7 A+ grades and I think the standard they want is 5 so you'll be fine

Just gotta make sure you get the 3As you need at A level.
Original post by medicineques
I have 3A*s in Rs, maths and english lang
4As in Chem, bio, physics and geography
2 Bs in French and ICT
C in English Lit

Just don't apply to Cardiff Uni - you would most likely get rejected (like many others who weren't aware of this), as they put a lot of emphasis on A*s, and getting as few Bs as possible. (speaking from nearly everyone I know who applied to Cardiff for dentistry) I don't mean that in a mean way at all, I just know many of us weren't aware of this and mostly got an instant rejection with it.
Liverpool this year required 6As and above I believe.
As well, if you ace your UKCAT, then you'll have loads more university options open to you. (some universities place more emphasis on this then GCSE results)
That said, if you get 3As in your A levels there will be lots of options available!

Just do lots of research, and I'm sure you'll get there.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest