The Student Room Group

UkCAT

Hello...
i am doing a levels right now. I want to apply in the medicine . I am currently in year 12 which is about end( have not done AS) . I will be doing exams next year... i wanna know when do i have to do UKCAT this year or next year? Because i am confused as someone told me that i have to do in the same year when I apply for uni... i applying this year to uni as the deadline for UCAS is 15 OCT .. But my exams is next year... is not the UKCAT when you finish ur a levels exam?
Thanks...
Original post by archiiii
Hello...
i am doing a levels right now. I want to apply in the medicine . I am currently in year 12 which is about end( have not done AS) . I will be doing exams next year... i wanna know when do i have to do UKCAT this year or next year? Because i am confused as someone told me that i have to do in the same year when I apply for uni... i applying this year to uni as the deadline for UCAS is 15 OCT .. But my exams is next year... is not the UKCAT when you finish ur a levels exam?
Thanks...

You'll be doing UKCAT this year, same as me.
Reply 2
Original post by em_lj
You'll be doing UKCAT this year, same as me.

Are you sure ... because i left it to next year and i have not any preparation... how about you ? Are you prepared enough to get through it...?
Are you sure ... because i left it to next year and i have not any preparation... how about you ? Are you prepared enough to get through it...?

I haven't prepared at all either yet I've just booked my test and as soon as my AS exams finish I'm going to start preparing so I get a solid 5/6 weeks of prep which is what they suggest.
Reply 4
Original post by em_lj
I haven't prepared at all either yet I've just booked my test and as soon as my AS exams finish I'm going to start preparing so I get a solid 5/6 weeks of prep which is what they suggest.

So what would be your advice to me .. should i book my test now? Or wait until i am prepared for the test.. ?
So what would be your advice to me .. should i book my test now? Or wait until i am prepared for the test.. ?

Depends where your test is, whether you think the test centre will be booked up quickly or not
Reply 6
Original post by em_lj
Depends where your test is, whether you think the test centre will be booked up quickly or not

One last question.. how are you gonna get preapred... i mean are u going centres for getting lessons... and how do you find the revising material..? Please need help in this matter..
practise books...
One last question.. how are you gonna get preapred... i mean are u going centres for getting lessons... and how do you find the revising material..? Please need help in this matter..

You can pay for courses like Kaplan, medify and I think the Medic portal do one, otherwise there's loads of free stuff on websites.
Reply 9
Original post by em_lj
You can pay for courses like Kaplan, medify and I think the Medic portal do one, otherwise there's loads of free stuff on websites.

Thanks mate... appreciate it and best of luck for future..👍👍

Book your UKCAT asap, dates fill up quickly. I would recommend 2-3 weeks of solid practice using Medify and the official mock tests, that's more than enough to do well.
Hello...
Thanks...

Hi there!

Following on from what others in the thread have said, we have a range of preparation resources to help you on our website:

- UKCAT guide - this is a guide to all sections of the UKCAT, including top preparation tips and overviews of each section
- UKCAT FAQs - you might find this useful!
- Free UKCAT Questions - you can sign up to get 50 free UKCAT questions to help you in your prep!

Hope this helps! :smile:
The Medic Portal
The ISC 1250 book is a good starting point to perfect your technique.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1905812264/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496207238&sr=8-1&keywords=ukcat
Then you can move to online resources.
Reply 13
Hey there :-) Yes, so if you are applying for uni this autumn you will need to take the UKCAT this summer. Registration is now open and you can find everything you need to know about dates etc. on the UKCAT website
https://www.ukcat.ac.uk/ukcat-test/ukcat-dates-and-fees/

There are plenty of good books out there and we have lots of practice materials on our website that you might find useful.
https://ukcat.ninja/

Feel free to let us know if you have any more UKCAT queries!

Best,

Alex, 4th year UCL medic
6med

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending