The Student Room Group

AS LEVEL and Medicine

If I take A Level Biology, Chemistry and Maths, and without an AS Level in Physics can that affect my application for medicine? Or is an AS Level in any subject ( in my case I'd take Physics) a preferred option? I know for Edinburgh Uni you require an AS Level, but that is the only one which actually stated it on their website, so what if other universities prefer applicants with an AS Level? I don't want to take an AS Level without it being productive towards my application.

Thank you
Original post by monster_ej
If I take A Level Biology, Chemistry and Maths, and without an AS Level in Physics can that affect my application for medicine? Or is an AS Level in any subject ( in my case I'd take Physics) a preferred option? I know for Edinburgh Uni you require an AS Level, but that is the only one which actually stated it on their website, so what if other universities prefer applicants with an AS Level? I don't want to take an AS Level without it being productive towards my application.

Thank you

Do they? From their website for 2018 entry:
A Levels: A Levels: AAA including Chemistry and one subject from Biology, Mathematics and Physics (Biology preferred).

I didn't find anything about AS levels, afaik no UK uni required them for 2017 entry either.
Reply 2
Very few unviersities look at your AS results currently for medical applications as most of the courses now being taken are linear, with exams at the end of two years. I wouldn't worry too much about not having a 4th subject at AS, but check some uni admissions policies just to be safe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending