The Student Room Group

What does it take for an American to get into Oxford?

I'm in the 10th grade, studying on an online school, and I really want to apply to oxford in 12th grade for chemistry. I know on the oxford website it gives the basic requirements for American students that want to apply, but I just wanted some people with first hand experience applying, and possibly getting into oxford to see if I have a chance. Any and all help is appreciated!
Reply 1
Hi, I have an offer to study math next year. It's pretty straightforward. They publish past admissions tests, so be sure to do all of them. The interview can be a bit tricky, since they try to ask questions you've never seen before, but as long as you have strong basics, you have a good chance of getting in. Otherwise it's only a matter of getting your 5's and high SATs, which are not necessarily easy, but straightforward. The only other part of the application is the personal statement, where you would talk about all the chemistry-related stuff you've done and a little bit about why you want to study your subject.
(edited 6 years ago)
Possibly offensive joke incoming
Just promise not to shoot it up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending