Want more information about this university?
Neda1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can someone clear up what the difference is... If i dont have a meal plan can I still buy food from all of the places that my meal plan card would work? Are there any differences in the price or anything else? Because what's the point of the Meal Plan if you could get the same food for the same price anyway?
AHC25
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Neda1)
Can someone clear up what the difference is... If i dont have a meal plan can I still buy food from all of the places that my meal plan card would work? Are there any differences in the price or anything else? Because what's the point of the Meal Plan if you could get the same food for the same price anyway?
You can still buy food from all the same places if you're not on meal plan and no there aren't any differences in price!
In regards to the purpose of the meal plan for some accommodations it is just 'compulsory' (Chamberlain etc.) but tbh if you lived in a self-catered accommodation and wanted to just buy meals every day with cash the food would work out the same price, the card just makes things easier!
Isinglass
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AHC25)
You can still buy food from all the same places if you're not on meal plan and no there aren't any differences in price!
In regards to the purpose of the meal plan for some accommodations it is just 'compulsory' (Chamberlain etc.) but tbh if you lived in a self-catered accommodation and wanted to just buy meals every day with cash the food would work out the same price, the card just makes things easier!
One major difference, though, is that if you are self-catering, starting off at the beginning of the week with the same amount of cash for meals in your wallet as your Meal Plan friend has on their card, anything you don't spend on food is still there to use the following week, whereas the Meal Plan card will reset and the residual balance will be wiped.
AHC25
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Isinglass)
One major difference, though, is that if you are self-catering, starting off at the beginning of the week with the same amount of cash for meals in your wallet as your Meal Plan friend has on their card, anything you don't spend on food is still there to use the following week, whereas the Meal Plan card will reset and the residual balance will be wiped.
Very true!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (599)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (737)
41.71%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (352)
19.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.47%

Watched Threads