The Student Room Group

im sixteen and i want to move out but how?

hi. so brief back story I'm 16 years old and I want to move out of my home with m mother. I've come to the point where I no longer feel I can stay at home and I want to be free from the metaphoric chains I'm tied to, but I have no idea what to do or where to start. Recently a friend has moved into a bed-sit where he pays £15 a week, I myself have tried finding similar accommodation but have not been fortunate in any of my searches and my findings prove to be useless to hopeless. I have no idea where to start and with no contact with this friend because I dropped my phone down the toilet, and unaided by parental guidance I am stuck in what to do, however it is something I have been thinking of for while now and am positive it is something I want to do, I've contemplated and explored all my options and have come to the conclusion its what I need and want. Please help me? I really have no idea where to start or what to do an I need to sort this out
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by selli08
hi. so brief back story I'm 16 years old and I want to move out of my home with m mother. I've come to the point where I no longer feel I can stay at home and I want to be free from the metaphoric chins I'm tied to, but I have no idea what to do or where to start. Recently a friend has moved into a bed-sit where he pays £15 a week, I myself have tried finding similar accommodation but have not been fortunate in any of my searches and my findings prove to be useless to hopeless. I have no idea where to start and with no contact with this friend because I dropped my phone down the toilet, and unaided by parental guidance I am stuck in what to do, however it is something I have been thinking of for while now and am positive it is something I want to do, I've contemplated and explored all my options and have come to the conclusion its what I need and want. Please help me? I really have no idea where to start or what to do an I need to sort this out

You can either talk to:
1. Social services who are obliged to assist.

2. Shelter
http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/young_people_leaving_home_and_finding_a_place/leaving_in_a_hurry

3. CAB

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-we-provide-advice/advice/search-for-your-local-citizens-advice/

They can tell you about benefits and give advice.
Reply 2

thank you
Btw it isnt easy. No money and its hard to find somewhere that will accept someone on benefits. Think about it and research it before you do.
Don't. Please
One day, you'll have no food. You will want to die.
Believe me.
It's hard
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending