The Student Room Group

Will specimen paper questions be used in the real exam?

Is it unlikely for an exam board to use the same question in their specimen paper in the real exam? For example, If they asked a question about a particular historical event in history specimen paper, can we take confidence that it will not be asked in the real paper ?
Original post by tequilarosee
Is it unlikely for an exam board to use the same question in their specimen paper in the real exam? For example, If they asked a question about a particular historical event in history specimen paper, can we take confidence that it will not be asked in the real paper ?

They ask new question,but if you analyse them , then there are only so many ways and so many questions that can be asked about the subject matter. This is where doing past papers helps.
Original post by 999tigger
They ask new question,but if you analyse them , then there are only so many ways and so many questions that can be asked about the subject matter. This is where doing past papers helps.

There isn't past papers for my exams as they are all new specifications so I cannot spot trends there. But ahh ok thank you, I will avoid revising too in depth what's on the spec
Original post by tequilarosee
There isn't past papers for my exams as they are all new specifications so I cannot spot trends there. But ahh ok thank you, I will avoid revising too in depth what's on the spec

Then you need to use some common sense and identify ways in which questions or themes can be asked.

Past papers even in another spec can be used for this to give you an idea, just dont rely too heavily on t and use common sense along with the new spec.

There are only so many ways to ask questions about the key topics and then it is is just a case of emphasis.

Revision books often provide additional questions and examples based on the new spec.

Quick Reply

Latest