Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.. just wondering is any one going to QM this September, if so what they studying, are you getting accomodation?

Also, anyone who is there now: what's it like etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    Hi guys.. just wondering is any one going to QM this September, if so what they studying, are you getting accomodation?

Hi, sorry you seem to be going to your insurance! Hope that you're okay with it. (you could be asking for someone else of course!) My boyfriend met a girl who'd just graduated a little while ago and she had a thoroughly excellent time! I guess that's not much help, but east london is really good, there's a lovely bar at the end of brick lane (near the place where they had the bodyworld exhibitiion) and also the bagel shop (britains first one.. not the other one) is run by my bfs old landlord and we used to get (free!) delicious cakes from there, i'll definitely be going to the east end a lot.. And spitalfields market has LOADS of gorgeous things..

Oops, you didnt ask about east end at all but i seem to have gotten sidetracked. Sorry couldnt be of any specific QM help!!

One last thing, the picturehouse in stratford is a really cool cinema, and you can get a student ticket for about £4 during the week so you should do that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalsunshine)
    Hi, sorry you seem to be going to your insurance! Hope that you're okay with it. (you could be asking for someone else of course!) My boyfriend met a girl who'd just graduated a little while ago and she had a thoroughly excellent time! I guess that's not much help, but east london is really good, there's a lovely bar at the end of brick lane (near the place where they had the bodyworld exhibitiion) and also the bagel shop (britains first one.. not the other one) is run by my bfs old landlord and we used to get (free!) delicious cakes from there, i'll definitely be going to the east end a lot.. And spitalfields market has LOADS of gorgeous things..

Oops, you didnt ask about east end at all but i seem to have gotten sidetracked. Sorry couldnt be of any specific QM help!!

One last thing, the picturehouse in stratford is a really cool cinema, and you can get a student ticket for about £4 during the week so you should do that!!
    Hi ya... yea i am, and defo glad i'm going here instead of UCL. My fault really, i didn't really like it but to 'please' others, and not being honest i put it first. I got a B in my English (A in PSY, A in hist), BUT got a distinction for AEA English (course applied was English), however they were very strict. Oversubscribed, even more this year. Plus the course is far better than UCL's and i can go to USA in my second year at QM!

Well i'm really familiar with London and the East, i was born in East London, and always in it... just interested in atmosphere and stuff...

I loved it there on my interview, everything about it.. so more modern as well!!

Good luck at KCL, what course are you doing again (Was it english)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)

Yeah i'm going QM this September to study computer science. I'm staying at home cos the uni's kinda close to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chima)
    Yeah i'm going QM this September to study computer science. I'm staying at home cos the uni's kinda close to me.
    That's the same as me. Bit worried i might miss out on stuff, but i'm only 15min away!

Are you looking forward to it?

Have you received anything from QM after accepting them with UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going in September to do Maths.
    I got a big envelope this morning with lots of information in it but I'm still not sure when we are supposed to go there.
    Also, as QM was my insurance choice, I'm quite worried about accommodation as I assume everyone who has QM as their firm choice already has a room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma Louise)
    I'm going in September to do Maths.
    I got a big envelope this morning with lots of information in it but I'm still not sure when we are supposed to go there.
    Also, as QM was my insurance choice, I'm quite worried about accommodation as I assume everyone who has QM as their firm choice already has a room?
    Well i know Freshers fair is 24/25 September. And i believe that the term starts on the 27th September. I'll give till monday, then email (post here is atrocious). Well i'm not applying for accom, but the firms would have applied previously, but a percentage of them would not of met the offer (so theoretically it would equal out those with insurance choice)...

Let me know how it goes...

ReputationRep:
    i'm goin to QMUL in sept too! i got the place through clearing and i'm waiting for them to send me an accomodation form. got a big packet this morning too about fresher's week and enrolling and paying fees >.<

ReputationRep:
    Hey im goin there aswell this september, studying IT in Bus Environment, gona be livin at the halls got ma room sorted. Should be enjoyable livin away from home.

ReputationRep:
    HI Guys.. got my freshers pack this morning! HOW MANY EVENTS ARE HAPPENING _ OR WHAT!!

It's crazy stuff, are any of you's a little apprehensive or stunned in a way... and that's before the department stuff!! How do you feel Chima, about living not in the halls - a bit of me feels i'm gonna miss out on stuff

you?

ReputationRep:
    i'm kinda worried about threshers week! especially reading about the bit about swapping clothes...

is there anyone going to QMUL through clearing and heard or not heard about accomodaiton? i am so worried because they still havn't sent me anything and on their website it says "If you are joining Queen Mary through the UCAS clearing system, make immediate contact with the Residences Office who may still be able to offer you some type of accommodation." and so i phoned them and they said that the admissions office will send me details and also the person who phoned me saying that i got the place said that they'll send me info about accomodation but i still havnt got anything, i am so worried!

has there been cases in previous years about not enough accomodation for first years? eeeeeeeek >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red_Taboo)
    i'm kinda worried about threshers week! especially reading about the bit about swapping clothes... eeeeeeeek >.<
    The swapping clothes thing is just an event as part of the evening entertainment, you won't have do it! I wouldn't, not even with huge amounts of alcohol downed!

Good luck with your accomodation..

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.