The Student Room Group

Share your credit score!

:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Credit Scores are by and large meaningless. They're just another badge to collect and have much less relevance than people would wish to believe.

Different companies have different credit risk appetites, and seek different customers to whom they wish to lend. They all have their own scoring methods. There is no 'one' credit score.
(edited 6 years ago)
As reality check says scores are incredibly subjective, I check mine every so often just incase something dodgy appears on it. All I had to do to get a "good score" is use my credit card every month for a year.
Reply 3
The field i'm applying for check credit score :|

Original post by Drez999
This gets my vote for those nominated in the...

'Best Ever & Most Useful Post On TSR' category in the upcoming...

'TSR Saddies Awards'...:clap2::congrats::clap2:

brah stop hating!

Original post by abc_123_
What is a credit score? x

A credit score is a numerical expression based on a level analysis of a person's credit files, to represent the creditworthiness of an individual. ... Lenders use credit scores to determine who qualifies for a loan, at what interest rate, and what credit limits.
Reply 4

/Thread
Credit scores are meaningless (Well, they mean..something), but they don't mean as much as people think they do
Original post by Reality Check
Credit Scores are by and large meaningless. They're just another badge to collect and have much less relevance than people would wish to believe.

Different companies have different credit risk appetites, and seek different customers to whom they wish to lend. They all have their own scoring methods. There is no 'one' credit score.

Ahhh you already said what I said, but with more detail. I should have read.
Reply 8
Original post by The_Internet
Credit scores are meaningless (Well, they mean..something), but they don't mean as much as people think they do

Dont ruin it for me :frown:
Original post by Reue

Loool. But you KNOW that, Reue!

Also, surprised that mine's so high on experian tbh (I get it for free. I'd never pay)
Reply 10
Loool. But you KNOW that, Reue!

Well mine was saying this the other day:

Original post by Reue
Well mine was saying this the other day:

Lol. Utter shite!
Reply 12
Lol. Utter shite!

Naw, im just poor :frown:
Original post by Reue

You knew that already though, didn't you?
Reply 14
Original post by Reality Check
You knew that already though, didn't you?

I thought it was a life score, like in a video game.. but without any celebration musicc once you reached 1000.
Original post by ronmack

:biggrin:

Experian

Equifax

CallCredit

Original post by ronmack
x

Original post by Reue
x

Out of interest, what sites exactly ARE you using for your credit score? I like the cool graphic in the OP tbh. I'm not gonna, if it costs me money however.
Reply 17
Out of interest, what sites exactly ARE you using for your credit score? I like the cool graphic in the OP tbh. I'm not gonna, if it costs me money however.

My first pic was from Experian back in 2013 when I was going for a mortgage.

2nd one was moneysavingexpert clearscore page
Original post by Reue
My first pic was from Experian back in 2013 when I was going for a mortgage.

2nd one was moneysavingexpert clearscore page

Fair enoughs. I use both. I get mine free ofc
Reply 19

Ooooh spooky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest