The Student Room Group

Reapplying??

Hello everyone!

I'm currently in my 1st year of uni and not convinced I want to stay on this course. I'm entertaining the idea of withdrawing after exams are over and reapplying this September for a different course.

My only problem is, I don't think my grades this year will be great... will this impact my UCAS application at all??
It may impact your application, but it depends on what the switch is from/to. If you're switching from, e.g. maths to engineering, the latter will usually be satisfied that failing at uni maths will translate to doing at least reasonable well at uni engineering (as the nature of the work isn't as difficult as it is extensive). If you're switching from say, marine biology to plant biology...it may be held against you.

Also, you may want to speak with the administrative and/or student support staff at your university; there may be courses you're interested in at your current university you can transfer into internally without a UCAS application (although you'll need to reapply for SFE under the new course details). Additionally if either of those options fail, you can always have a look in clearing later on.
Reply 2
Original post by alouisaaaaa
Hello everyone!

I'm currently in my 1st year of uni and not convinced I want to stay on this course. I'm entertaining the idea of withdrawing after exams are over and reapplying this September for a different course.

My only problem is, I don't think my grades this year will be great... will this impact my UCAS application at all??

Do you want to stay at your current university?
Reply 3
Original post by Doonesbury
Do you want to stay at your current university?

In the original post I wasn't referring to staying at my current uni, but after speaking with some people today I am interested in just transferring courses within the same department. Will it be a problem? Also is it too late to transfer now?
Reply 4
Original post by alouisaaaaa
In the original post I wasn't referring to staying at my current uni, but after speaking with some people today I am interested in just transferring courses within the same department. Will it be a problem? Also is it too late to transfer now?

It's often much easier to transfer within the same university. Speak to your tutor and they will be able to help.

If you also want to apply elsewhere you can still do that. There's a specific thread stickied at the top of this forum that explains what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply