The Student Room Group

Do I need to include my partners income

Hi
I'm a first year mature student but by year 2 I will have been living with my partners for long enough for their income to be taken into account however as I am polyamorous I have more that one partner both of whom I live with and who are currently married to each other as such my relationship with either on them has no legal standing so how do I fill out the partners income when I have more than one and for other legal purposes is tax or inheritance our relationship doesn't count?

Many thanks,

Jade
Original post by newcastle21
Hi
I'm a first year mature student but by year 2 I will have been living with my partners for long enough for their income to be taken into account however as I am polyamorous I have more that one partner both of whom I live with and who are currently married to each other as such my relationship with either on them has no legal standing so how do I fill out the partners income when I have more than one and for other legal purposes is tax or inheritance our relationship doesn't count?

Many thanks,

Jade

Hi Jade,

This may have been a complicated funding situation if your partners were not married to each other, but as they are, it is simpler than it looks:

As your partners are each other's legal spouses, we would not take their earnings into account when you apply for student finance. If you are over 25, you will not be dependent on your parents either. So you would default to being an independent student, with no sponsor or income taken into account.

Also, we don't have any time limit on how long you've been living with a partner, you either do or you don't! And in your case, you don't. (Even though you do :wink: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending