Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heard that school research projects make interesting points on CVs and at Medicine School interviews. Any ideas of what to do and how to go about it?

ReputationRep:
    Still no reply?

I dont want to steal your projects!

I want to know how to go about my own!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    hey
    In fifth year you dont get the chance to choose projects which might be linked to medicine but if you take advanced highers in sixth year in bio or chem then there are endless ideas, (mine will be about the inhibitory effect of garlic on the growth of different bacterium for biology - not really related to what i want to do but nm) but i your teacher should be able to give you some ideas on a project you might enjoy if you tell them you are intersted in applying for medicine. i also did a nuffield project at a university after fifth year and i would recommend this if you can get one, especially if is related to what you want to do.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    In fifth year you dont really get a chance to do your own project but if you take advanced higher in biology or chem then you can pretty much choose what project you want to do mine will be about the inhibitory effects of garlic on the growth of bacteria- not really related to medicine but there are bound to be endless ideas - ask your teacher and they will help you in choosing one related to medicine. I did a Nuffield project at a university after fifth year as well which i would really recommend if you can get one, especially if its related to what you want to do- even if its not it still makes something interesting to talk about at an interview.
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    I think you should think about what really interests you and think creatively about an original project in that area. I know that's probably not a great deal of help, but I can understand other people not wanting to state what their original projects are. Good luck in whatever you come up with

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.