Turn on thread page Beta

Muslims Only: I'm not a virgin - can I still get married? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    And where would be the shame in that? Why can a husband and wife not share their past sins?
    They are forgiven of course but it does not mean they have to hide them from each other
    Deception is a sin
    Im sure the wife will have committed many sins but shes not gonna sit and write everything shes done and hand it over to him before marriage and be like "Do you still wanna marry me" lol thats not how it works

ReputationRep:
    Sell my nan if OP is not some atheist trying to peddle some agenda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I'm a Muslim guy and a couple years ago I made a stupid mistake and lost my virginity. Alhamdullilah, I am much more practicing now.

Obviously, most Muslim girls will find this off-putting since they would also prefer to marry someone who is chaste, which is obviously worrying

I've done some research online and found that I don't have to tell my potential wife about my circumstances. Or how they put, it's preferable that I don't "expose my sins".

So is that OK? Can I marry a Muslim girl and not tell her I already lost my virginity?
    You can still get married however if they do ask you if you are a virgin, be truthful and tell them the truth. I for one, don't really mind as long as I know the truth; I think there would be women out there who would be open to the idea as well. All the best of luck, brother.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure certain people would say no and would ask you before hand but some would be fine like mentioned in the thread, if they ask just tell the truth tbh

ReputationRep:
    I would be verrryy surprised if my future husband was a virgin lol. I wouldn't really care as long as he wasn't a total shameless trashy ****. His past is his past.

I'm a hijabi Muslim girl

ReputationRep:
    To clear a misunderstanding, I do not think there is any shame in the sin, it's forgiven
    I'm advocating honesty about it

ReputationRep:
    Idek honestly because I wouldn't stop thinking about it and I would think how many girls has he laid? Does he have STI? Etc etc..
    I mean if it was something like making out with some chic and never did it again then sure I wouldn't mind.
    Plus like some girls have purposely been trying to stay chaste all their life for their husband so it would be disappointing to find out their husband hasn't done the same.

Buut I'm sure there are plenty out there who wouldn't care and love you etc.

ReputationRep:
    So if you die will you only get 71 virgins?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To clear a misunderstanding, I do not think there is any shame in the sin, it's forgiven
    I'm advocating honesty about it
    No I understand. I would feel pretty bad keeping it a secret and it does seem somewhat impossible to anyway.

(Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    Sell my nan if OP is not some atheist trying to peddle some agenda.
    No. I would have really preferred to post only the ISOC so I only get Muslim responses but I can't seem to go anonymous.

ReputationRep:
    No I understand. I would feel pretty bad keeping it a secret and it does seem somewhat impossible to anyway.

No. I would have really preferred to post only the ISOC so I only get Muslim responses but I can't seem to go anonymous.
    make a new account then post in isoc then

ReputationRep:
    No, its illegal

ReputationRep:

Lots of people respond in isoc
    Apart from the odd idiot I don't think you've had a bad response to be fair
    Ultimately you have to do what sits well with your conscience.
    If you feel you are being deceptive it will eat at you
    Of course you are forgiven by God. As are we all when we repent and I do not judge you in the slightest Non of us should.
    The only person who knows the answer is you
    We all ha e different opinions.
    Pray on it. Be honest with yourself. You'll make the right choice

(Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    make a new account then post in isoc then
    Then I get banned for a dupe (yep tried it once but for something else).
    If someone can post this over there for me I would happily call for a mod to close this thread. But then I can't really respond so I'd.

Lots of people respond in isoc
    Apart from the odd idiot I don't think you've had a bad response to be fair
    Ultimately you have to do what sits well with your conscience.
    If you feel you are being deceptive it will eat at you
    Of course you are forgiven by God. As are we all when we repent and I do not judge you in the slightest Non of us should.
    The only person who knows the answer is you
    We all ha e different opinions.
    Pray on it. Be honest with yourself. You'll make the right choice
    Thank you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The answer to your question lies in Surah Bakra. Slight problem is that I cant remember where in Bakra but it says something along the lines of you can get married providing youve repented / repenting
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    also weird fact, arabic for cow is urdu/hindi for goat. makes you think

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps this video maybe of use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gVeV40wsAg

(Original post by Kraixo)
    Perhaps this video maybe of use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gVeV40wsAg
    Lol thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. Will give a watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonstruck16)
    so if you die will you only get 71 virgins?

posted from tsr mobile
    loooooolllll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lychee627)
    Im sure certain people would say no and would ask you before hand but some would be fine like mentioned in the thread, if they ask just tell the truth tbh
    yeah i agreee but personally i wouldnt really like him to have lost it before marriage

ReputationRep:
    So I'm a Muslim guy and a couple years ago I made a stupid mistake and lost my virginity. Alhamdullilah, I am much more practicing now.

Obviously, most Muslim girls will find this off-putting since they would also prefer to marry someone who is chaste, which is obviously worrying

I've done some research online and found that I don't have to tell my potential wife about my circumstances. Or how they put, it's preferable that I don't "expose my sins".

So is that OK? Can I marry a Muslim girl and not tell her I already lost my virginity?
    I don't think it's wise to lie to your future wife and start the relationship off on lies, i'm sure if you told her she would understand, i personally don't see it as an issue.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.