Do girls approach you in clubs only if you're very attractive?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
In other words, how attractive do you need to be to get approached by girls in clubs?
Sanjith Hegde123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You need to be like a magnet.

That's how attractive you gotta be
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sanjith Hegde123)
You need to be like a magnet.

That's how attractive you gotta be
What do you mean?
oneflewovertcn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Attractiveness is subjective - as a minimum they should be a decent, polite person, present themselves well, and not compare themselves to so called 10s. One persons's 10 is another's 0 - which is why I think this 'rating' thing that people have come up with is complete BS because there cannot be a universal consensus on a rating for each and every person.
*edit - One persons's 10 could be another's 0 - my bad.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
In other words, how attractive do you need to be to get approached by girls in clubs?

I don't consider myself "hot" or a top tier guy ...yet I often will get approached in clubs so I wouldn't say you need to be super attractive [although im pretty sure being more attractive helps]

the main thing is that you look approachable. Some people just look more approachable than others. It's not something you can always necessarily change. approachable also extends to who you are with? guys do you really expect a girl to walk up to your group of 10 lads and try and start a conversation with you?

attractiveness is secondary but the better looking you are the more likely you'll at least get a kiss or a phone number. Every time a woman approaches you in a club isn't going to lead to that.

tbh, there are a lot more things to consider ... but i think i'll just leave things there.
Gerry-Atricks
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by oneflewovertcn)
Attractiveness is subjective - as a minimum they should be a decent, polite person, present themselves well, and not compare themselves to so called 10s. One persons's 10 is another's 0 - which is why I think this 'rating' thing that people have come up with is complete BS because there cannot be a universal consensus on a rating for each and every person.
Not true, one person`s 10 on a fully objective scale shouldnt be less than a 7 on any other person`s scale, on pure attractiveness alone.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
Not true, one person`s 10 on a fully objective scale shouldnt be less than a 7 on any other person`s scale, on pure attractiveness alone.

True, usually one mans 8 is another mans 10 and vice versa.

however this is only true if the person is being fully objectionable. A noticeable amount of people aren't though when rating, and if a person isn't their "type" this can cause that persons ratings to plummet considerably ...as we saw a few weeks ago when someone made that topic asking to rate that black/mixed race girl

Therefore in real life, you can sometimes get huge differences on opinions. example: Just pick an attractive guy or girl [like a goth or emo] and people's ratings will vary quite considerably due to that look not being mainstream.

or pick a good looking roadman and watch how he gets a lot of low scores from some women ..but high scores from more ghetto girls
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ANM775)
True, usually one mans 8 is another mans 10 and vice versa.

however this is only true if the person is being fully objectionable. A noticeable amount of people aren't though when rating, and if a person isn't their "type" this can cause that persons ratings to plummet considerably ...as we saw a few weeks ago when someone made that topic asking to rate that black/mixed race girl

Therefore in real life, you can sometimes get huge differences on opinions. example: Just pick an attractive guy or girl [like a goth or emo] and people's ratings will vary quite considerably due to that look not being mainstream.

or pick a good looking roadman and watch how he gets a lot of low scores from some women ..but high scores from more ghetto girls
Sexual attraction is subconsciously driven by primal instincts, therefore your post is irrelevant
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sexual attraction is subconsciously driven by primal instincts, therefore your post is irrelevant

you sound like a guy who's read a library of human courtship/mating "studies" online and thinks he knows everything and regards it as "law" ...but has yet to go out and see how it actually applies to the real world.

My post is relevant.

If a person is completely not someone's type you'll often find that person will downrate them considerably..
oneflewovertcn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
My bad, I meant to say 'one person's 10 could be another's 0' - though thinking about it I take your point about attractiveness being subjective only to a degree. Although some celebs my friends go crazy over I couldn't care less about lol
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Strong this. I've been approached in clubs on numerous occasions. I've been labelled by some girls as one of the hottest guys they've ever met, or "so gorgeous" or whatever. On the other hand, I've also been labelled as "alright", "not too bad" or "not my type" and I've been rejected when I've hit on girls several times. I don't think there's a single human being on this earth that could ever be considered universally attractive.
bad bunny
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
depends how drunk a girl gets
veronillams
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
*edit - One persons's 10 could be another's 0 - my bad.
I don't necessarily agree with that. Science says that there is a certain shape that is universally attractive
donkuu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just watch OP if they touch you constantly, then you know you are attractive.
slade p
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You have to be attractive for a girl to approach you in the club but even then most girls don't approach, most will just give a hint so guys have to approach them, they expect it and it's the masculine thing to do
donkuu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by slade p)
You have to be attractive for a girl to approach you in the club but even then most girls don't approach, most will just give a hint so guys have to approach them, they expect it and it's the masculine thing to do
Were you a chemistry teacher by any chance? Or do you know one?
slade p
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by donkuu)
Were you a chemistry teacher by any chance? Or do you know one?
No why?
Whiskey&Freedom
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I find the combination of amazing looks and willingness to splash the cash gets girls wet for you.
Ribbit1234
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Agelina jolie, deepika padukone, adriAna Lima, Beyoncé, wentworth miller, t.i and tom hardy are all universally attractive. Js
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
Strong this. I've been approached in clubs on numerous occasions. I've been labelled by some girls as one of the hottest guys they've ever met, or "so gorgeous" or whatever. On the other hand, I've also been labelled as "alright", "not too bad" or "not my type" and I've been rejected when I've hit on girls several times. I don't think there's a single human being on this earth that could ever be considered universally attractive.
slade p
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Personally what makes you find beyonce more attractive then the other 2?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (32)
50%
No, they should still go ahead (15)
23.44%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (17)
26.56%

Watched Threads