The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My daughter just used all the free stuff for two weeks up to test.
Reply 2
Kaplan and medify were the 2 courses I used, they were very helpful and was even able to score full marks on one of the sections :smile:, tons of practise questions and full exams.
Reply 3
Original post by redhelen
My daughter just used all the free stuff for two weeks up to test.

How did she do...?
Reply 4
Original post by Egmed
Kaplan and medify were the 2 courses I used, they were very helpful and was even able to score full marks on one of the sections :smile:, tons of practise questions and full exams.

For how long did you buy the course for...?
Original post by archiiii
Hello...
i am gonna do UkCAT this year but i have no clue about preparations ... i am ready to pay for the websites that makes you prepared for the test... i am not sure which website would be the best.. so NEED SOME RECOMMENDATIONS.. please don't give me more than two options because i am already very confused ...
thanks....

Medify and the official mock tests is all you need.
Reply 6
For how long did you buy the course for...?

I prepared for about a month, 2/3 hours each day
Reply 7
Original post by Egmed
I prepared for about a month, 2/3 hours each day

How well did you do?
I am asking because i am really scared and i think i don't have time to get prepared ( have not booked the test yet)
Reply 8
How well did you do?
I am asking because i am really scared and i think i don't have time to get prepared ( have not booked the test yet)

i got 737 which is enough to get into any ukcat uni :smile:, dont worry about it as stress will only make it worse, prepare as much and just go in, will do better that way
medifiy and isc medical book
Reply 10
Original post by Egmed
i got 737 which is enough to get into any ukcat uni :smile:, dont worry about it as stress will only make it worse, prepare as much and just go in, will do better that way

Wowwww.... you have done very well...
Wanna know shall i book my test first or first get prepared and then book the test?
Reply 11
Wanna know shall i book my test first or first get prepared and then book the test?

prepare then book the test, so that u are sure u are ready
Hello...
i am gonna do UkCAT this year but i have no clue about preparations ... i am ready to pay for the websites that makes you prepared for the test... i am not sure which website would be the best.. so NEED SOME RECOMMENDATIONS.. please don't give me more than two options because i am already very confused ...
thanks....

Hi there!

We already suggested some preparation resources on your other thread (ie 50 free UKCAT questions; our UKCAT Guide) but also thought you might find it useful to read our blogs:

- 4 Things To Know Before Booking your UKCAT
- The UKCAT: an introduction
- Step by Step Guide: Booking your UKCAT

Hope this helps! :smile:
The Medic Portal
I would book your test now. If you wait until your ready it encourages procrastination! Book it for a time where you can have a freeish 2/3 weeks of prep before it.good luck.
Reply 14
Original post by redhelen
I would book your test now. If you wait until your ready it encourages procrastination! Book it for a time where you can have a freeish 2/3 weeks of prep before it.good luck.

Thanks ... i am booking it today...?
Reply 15

Hey there :-) We advise our students to avoid delays when it comes to booking the test. This is because places at local test centres can fill up pretty quickly and besides, you can always postpone the test up until a few days beforehand.

In terms of how much to prepare, we usually say 4-5 weeks, 2 hours a day of timed practice (the time pressure is the main difficulty of the UKCAT and so your practice should prepare for this). The ISC book and Kaplan's Score Higher on the UKCAT are pretty good but don't forget that the test is on a computer so any online question banks are also useful. Feel free to check out our question bank UKCAT Ninja (https://ukcat.ninja/)

Best of luck, try not to worry too much about it and feel free to let us know if you have any other specific UKCAT queries :-)

Alex, 4th year UCL medic
6med
Reply 16
Original post by HopelessMedic
Medify and the official mock tests is all you need.

Hey.. i wanna buy isc book. But there are two books.. one for 1000 question (2nd edition)and other one for 1250 questions(3rd edition)...are they both same like same questions or there is any difference in them.. whick one should i buy i am doing ukcat this year so please guide me entry vise...
Thanks...
Hey.. i wanna buy isc book. But there are two books.. one for 1000 question (2nd edition)and other one for 1250 questions(3rd edition)...are they both same like same questions or there is any difference in them.. whick one should i buy i am doing ukcat this year so please guide me entry vise...
Thanks...

The 1250 questions is for 2018 entry, so that's the one you want.
Yes, you want the 1250Q book, which has the new Decision Making section
Hello...
thanks....

You can start with the questions that are freely available on the official UKCAT website. There are free practice questions + 3 mock interviews. Explanations aren't always great but the questions are good to get your head round the techniques you need to use

Latest

Trending

Trending