The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I did four weeks of medify, a couple of hours a day for three weeks then stepped it up the week before the test. I sat mine last week and got 720/band1, which is higher than the medify mocks predicted. Have fun with NCS 😎
Original post by SanityIsGone
I did four weeks of medify, a couple of hours a day for three weeks then stepped it up the week before the test. I sat mine last week and got 720/band1, which is higher than the medify mocks predicted. Have fun with NCS 😎

Did you just use medify
Original post by hanaahxox
Did you just use medify

Yes, I did one of the official UKCAT website mocks a couple of days before my test date and the QR scared me as it was so much harder than medify. I considered cancelling my test because of this but decided not to, then got my highest ever QR score on the day.

I liked medify because I could do one mock a week to start with, to help me target my weak areas when I was working through the exercises. I could do it on my laptop at home or on the computers at school in my free time. Then in the last week I did the rest of the mocks to help me get faster. If I had a particularly weak section I could run a mini mock in that area too.

I didn’t do any courses or buy any books.
Yes, I did one of the official UKCAT website mocks a couple of days before my test date and the QR scared me as it was so much harder than medify. I considered cancelling my test because of this but decided not to, then got my highest ever QR score on the day.

I liked medify because I could do one mock a week to start with, to help me target my weak areas when I was working through the exercises. I could do it on my laptop at home or on the computers at school in my free time. Then in the last week I did the rest of the mocks to help me get faster. If I had a particularly weak section I could run a mini mock in that area too.

I didn’t do any courses or buy any books.

Does medify cost I’m a bit new to it and how do you actually start revising for it like I don’t know where to start like ik about these tests and stuff but do I need to revise something’s before or just do the tests
One months access is £40, two months is £45, the cost varies depending on how long you want to spend preparing. Most of the books you can buy are £20-25, but they don’t help you get used to doing it on the computer or to the time pressure. Many courses are over £100 for a day. There are free resources online that you can use too. The UKCAT website, medicportal and others have sections that can help. There are even videos that people have put on YouTube.

One of the things I liked on medify was that as you work through the exercises, if there’s a particular type of question that you’re weak at, it will signpost extra help for these and give you more of these questions, so you’re spending most time working on the bits you actually need the help with.
One months access is £40, two months is £45, the cost varies depending on how long you want to spend preparing. Most of the books you can buy are £20-25, but they don’t help you get used to doing it on the computer or to the time pressure. Many courses are over £100 for a day. There are free resources online that you can use too. The UKCAT website, medicportal and others have sections that can help. There are even videos that people have put on YouTube.

One of the things I liked on medify was that as you work through the exercises, if there’s a particular type of question that you’re weak at, it will signpost extra help for these and give you more of these questions, so you’re spending most time working on the bits you actually need the help with.

That’s good I’m gonna check it out just need to decide when to book my test for !!
Original post by Lovearmy
Hey.. i wanna buy isc book. But there are two books.. one for 1000 question (2nd edition)and other one for 1250 questions(3rd edition)...are they both same like same questions or there is any difference in them.. whick one should i buy i am doing ukcat this year so please guide me entry vise...
Thanks...

they are same book with addition of some extra questions.
yes, same book with some extra questions
Reply 108
Original post by hanaahxox
That’s good I’m gonna check it out just need to decide when to book my test for !!

You can book for an aspirational date and change it as many times as you like at no extra charge. The popular times run out, so it is worth booking early.
The best way to prepare is by having amazing teachers basically give you all the secrets to success. I don't usually like to pay for courses but was sort of forced into this one and I'm so glad i did because I managed to get ALL of my interviews by attending the incredible interview course they had this year. Same company now have a UKCAT+personal statement course which I would highly, highly recommend. Most affordable course and couldn't big them up enough.
hey guys
have my ukcat in a week. Just wanted to ask which mock exams apart from the official ones replicate the real exam the most. I've already done most of the medify mocks and was thinking of buying kaplan.
please reply asap

Latest

Trending

Trending