Active Learning for my GCSe's Urgent Help Needed Watch

b.w.s.o
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've known that active learning is very effective to help you retain knowledge needed for my GCSE's and beyond, yet when I try to revise I simply skim through my material without learning actively. I know I must control it but I just can't push myself to apply this active learning strategy. Could someone please give me motivation/tips on how to ensure I learn actively instead of skim reading. Secondly, I know revision isn't meant to be fun but every I revise I feel so drained and bored, are there any tips/advice anyone could give me to endure better and make revision easier(I revise sitting up on my bed).
WhatIsSleep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What I do is have a whiteboard and pretend to teach the topic. If I stumble on something, I write it down. I then cover all of those things by reading through/doing questions/making mnemonics (if it's something small). Then, I try and teach over the little things I couldn't the first time.

You could also write out questions for yourself based off your notes and after skimming your notes, try to answer them aloud?
This all works well for me since I'm an auditory learner so hearing myself speak aloud helps it sink in :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed