Cici_99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What is the less cost town between Toronto and Montreal in Canada ( please Canadians and expatriates answer)
jamiieh
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
nearly everything i know points to montreal being cheaper, especially when it comes to rent! you'll most likely be able to find a better/more central apartment in montreal for the same price. here's a link that might be helpful to you: https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...&city2=Toronto

also, side note: it might be worth considering what you want out of a city. toronto is mostly anglophone and one of the most multicultural cities in the world, montreal is almost entirely bilingual and is less (in my opinion) americanized than toronto downtown toronto is cleaner, more shiny and glass-y and chrome-y, whereas montreal is messier (and often full of construction tbh), scrappier and full of huge, colourful murals. i've always loved montreal because it's felt more vibrant and alive to me, but i've spoken to people who've fallen in love with toronto just the same. both are, in my personal opinion, wonderful cities though hope this helps (and hope that, if you end up coming to canada, you enjoy it here)!
Cici_99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by jamiieh)
nearly everything i know points to montreal being cheaper, especially when it comes to rent! you'll most likely be able to find a better/more central apartment in montreal for the same price. here's a link that might be helpful to you: https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...&city2=Toronto

also, side note: it might be worth considering what you want out of a city. toronto is mostly anglophone and one of the most multicultural cities in the world, montreal is almost entirely bilingual and is less (in my opinion) americanized than toronto downtown toronto is cleaner, more shiny and glass-y and chrome-y, whereas montreal is messier (and often full of construction tbh), scrappier and full of huge, colourful murals. i've always loved montreal because it's felt more vibrant and alive to me, but i've spoken to people who've fallen in love with toronto just the same. both are, in my personal opinion, wonderful cities though hope this helps (and hope that, if you end up coming to canada, you enjoy it here)!
Thanks for the informations !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (86)
31.39%
Less motivated (188)
68.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed