The Student Room Group

A couple question to do with finance??

I'm giving my LEA a call tomorrow about some queries but if i can get them answered today even better!

I've applied for my Student load ages ago, well before the 6 week before my course start but still don't know what I am getting, anyone else in the same situation?

Also I'm eligable for the full HE grant, will that be sorted and sent by the same people that I sent my PN1 form off to or do I need to contact another company and fill in another form?

Thanks for the help in advance, my parents are being complete jackasses about my finance for uni and I'm beginning to get scared :mad:
Reply 1
You do not need to fill out another for the HE grant it is done through your PN1 form.
If you applied before the deadline then you will hear from your LEA soon, but ring up just to make sure if they need any additional information from you, this may be why thy are taking so long to process applications.
Reply 2
Dude im in the EXACT same situation phoned the SLC up and they are gonna get my LEA to phone me to tell me where they are upto. As there is a problem with ALOT of forms as they apparently aren't showing up on the system as to where they are at.

I emailed my LEA too and am planning on getting on their back as I am sick of waiting as people who sent their own form after mine have heard before me.
Reply 3
Ste2k4
Dude im in the EXACT same situation phoned the SLC up and they are gonna get my LEA to phone me to tell me where they are upto. As there is a problem with ALOT of forms as they apparently aren't showing up on the system as to where they are at.

I emailed my LEA too and am planning on getting on their back as I am sick of waiting as people who sent their own form after mine have heard before me.

It depends on the LEA as to how long it takes to process, as they will all have different work-loads. According to the press, the computer system is a shambles, and it means that its very inefficient to process the forms.

Last I heard is many LEAs are just handing out the non-assessed £3070 now, so at least people get something while they try and bring the backlog down for assessing people for the rest of the loan, fees, and HE grants
Reply 4
Also this constant phoning up of the LEA's just increasingly lengthens the delay in you getting your loan and no doubt winds them up no end. (refering to people who want to know when they'll get the loan or how much they'll get)

Latest

Trending

Trending