The Student Room Group

Chance me at Warwick Econ

ey guys!!

Basically I'm really stressing because Econ at Warwick is my absolute dream uni. Like the course is perfect for me and everything but I'm so scared I won't get in because it's hella competitive and GCSE wise I didn't do amazingly. I got 5 A*s and 5 As. Trust me I know in the country it's amazing but I'm comparing myself to people on TSR who I know are all geniuses but it's still hard to convince myself when everyone who got an offer in 2016 had like 3A*s at A2 and 10A*s. In terms of A levels and everything I am doing Maths economics biology and Spanish in AS (I'm in year 12). Judging by the exams I have had, Fingers crossed i have 4As and prediction wise maybe two A*s in economics defo and maths maybe it's even possible for bio if I smash the next exam. So yeah what do you guys think and be honest!!
Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy
ey guys!!

Basically I'm really stressing because Econ at Warwick is my absolute dream uni. Like the course is perfect for me and everything but I'm so scared I won't get in because it's hella competitive and GCSE wise I didn't do amazingly. I got 5 A*s and 5 As. Trust me I know in the country it's amazing but I'm comparing myself to people on TSR who I know are all geniuses but it's still hard to convince myself when everyone who got an offer in 2016 had like 3A*s at A2 and 10A*s. In terms of A levels and everything I am doing Maths economics biology and Spanish in AS (I'm in year 12). Judging by the exams I have had, Fingers crossed i have 4As and prediction wise maybe two A*s in economics defo and maths maybe it's even possible for bio if I smash the next exam. So yeah what do you guys think and be honest!!

This post sums up what I would think:

Original post by Magnus Taylor
Econ is competitive here at Warwick, while you tick the Academic box on grades, you need to show relevant work experience, write an excellent personal statement that vividly illustrates why your ethos and Warwick's are compatible. Perhaps attend an Economics summer school at a university, and demonstrate that you hold a high level of commercial awareness into contemporary financial affairs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending