thetastysloth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does Wilson House still have a mould issue?

https://thetab.com/uk/imperial/2014/...ons-walls-6376

I'm filling in my accommodation application and I need to select one more hall. The pictures of Wilson on Imperial's website look really nice, but that article made me want to vomit.
Firefly13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have a friend who stayed at Wilson, she had a great time there and never mentioned anything about a mould problem to me. The building a lot of student halls are in can be a bit depressing, but I imagine they would have sorted out that problem by now (given the article is three years old). I stayed in Pembridge and although the building was old they always sorted things out quickly when there was a problem - and I'm pretty sure mushrooms growing out of the walls would be problem!

The rooms will never be as good as they look on the pictures, but they shouldn't be that bad - and even in those pictures there was never a picture of the damp in the rooms so you would never have to sleep somewhere like that.

I'm sure you'll love wherever you end up, but if you still aren't sure about Wilson then swap it for somewhere you know you would be happy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (471)
66.71%
No (235)
33.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed