The Student Room Group

AQA History A-Level (USA 1K + UK 2S)

Hi everyone,

Is anyone revising the USA - The Making of a Superpower (1865 - 1975) and the UK - The Making of Modern Britain (1951 - 2007)?

Hope all is well with you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing 2S too!
Reply 2
Original post by maccaism
I'm doing 2S too!

Nice! How's it going?
It's alright! I struggle with the trade unions and Northern Ireland side of things... but other than that I think it's okay. What about you? What do you think will come up?
Reply 4
[QUOTE="UKStudent17;71787234"]Hi everyone,

Is anyone revising the USA - The Making of a Superpower (1865 - 1975) and the UK - The Making of Modern Britain (1951 - 2007)?

Hope all is well with you :smile:[/QUOTE

I do both. Finding it so difficult ATM
Reply 5
[QUOTE="imanuela;71967736"]
Original post by UKStudent17
Hi everyone,

Hope all is well with you :smile:[/QUOTE

I do both. Finding it so difficult ATM

Hey! I'm doing 1K too! Seems to be nobody else's doing it! What do you think will come up tomorrow? I'm bricking it
Reply 6
[QUOTE="saskia9;71970686"]
Original post by imanuela

Hey! I'm doing 1K too! Seems to be nobody else's doing it! What do you think will come up tomorrow? I'm bricking it

Me too tbh. i have no clue. Maybe not progressivism because it was on the AS paper. Im so bad with revision because my notes are so disorganised haha
Original post by UKStudent17
Hi everyone,

Hope all is well with you :smile:

I'm doing both of these! really struggling with how much content there is for the USA side. It seems impossible to learn it all.
Reply 8
Original post by georgiepitts
I'm doing both of these! really struggling with how much content there is for the USA side. It seems impossible to learn it all.

i Know how you feel. Literally not going to bed tonight
Original post by imanuela
i Know how you feel. Literally not going to bed tonight

its stressing out so much!! they could literally ask us anything too, so most of what we learn is going to be irrelevant. why have they made it 110 years long ffs
I'm doing USA tomorrow as well, but I've barely revised and bricking it:frown::frown::frown: My teacher thinks the New Deals will come up....:s-smilie:
I'm doing Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855-1964 tomorrow. I feel the pain.Best of luck everyone. They've raised the standards for A-Level history so much so recently, so hopefully they'll treat us all kindly in standardisation.
Original post by courtswakefield
I'm doing USA tomorrow as well, but I've barely revised and bricking it:frown::frown::frown: My teacher thinks the New Deals will come up....:s-smilie:

hmm i wouldn't hate it if the new deals come up, but i'd prefer something foreign policy related.
it's hard to know how much they expect from us given how much they want us to know??

good luck though!!
Original post by BroJoeJoe
I'm doing Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855-1964 tomorrow. I feel the pain.Best of luck everyone. They've raised the standards for A-Level history so much so recently, so hopefully they'll treat us all kindly in standardisation.

yeah i hope so!
good luck to you too!
hmm i wouldn't hate it if the new deals come up, but i'd prefer something foreign policy related.
it's hard to know how much they expect from us given how much they want us to know??

good luck though!!

I would like African Americans to come up but I think they did on the AS paper so not too sure.... I'm worried that i've been getting C's when our teacher has been giving up one topic, let alone 110 years on ANYTHING:angry:

Good luck to you too!!
Reply 15

good luck though!!

I'm screwed if the New Deal comes up...I'd love it to be African Americans
I would like African Americans to come up but I think they did on the AS paper so not too sure.... I'm worried that i've been getting C's when our teacher has been giving up one topic, let alone 110 years on ANYTHING:angry:

Good luck to you too!!

yeah civil rights would be a good topic.
and i know, i need an A in this i just don't think its going to happen:s-smilie:
yeah civil rights would be a good topic.
and i know, i need an A in this i just don't think its going to happen:s-smilie:

What have you been getting in recent tests?
What have you been getting in recent tests?

Bs generally, i got one A but that was in the British side and it wasn't in timed conditions
OMG!!! finally... i was looking for peope doing the USA paper tomorrow.... honestly im freaking out... my teacher also predicted new deal policies but theres too much scope........ here's hoping the examiners are lenient 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending