Is this normal in friendships?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have a friend who tells everybody's business to everybody, and it's ended up with people I hardly know knowing about my personal life and I'm not very happy.

I met a friend of hers once who I was attracted to, and he pretty much knew my dating history without me having to say a word.

Another time, a girl I'd say was an acquaintance at that point knew that I had been struggling on my course and thinking of leaving.

Another knew that I'd had financial problems (even though I've met her maybe twice in my life)

On the other hand, I know that one of her friends cheated ,I know that another had an abortion, that another had drug problems etc. even though I don't really know these people.

I feel like I cannot trust her; I don't mind her telling general stuff about me but I'm not happy with everybody knowing my business. Does this seem like a normal thing in friendships?

I know people like to talk and gossip but I don't want others knowing everything about me from someone else..
Ezisola
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
You know what they are like so..... just don't tell them things you don't want shared? Problem solved
username1726117
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Toxic. Cut her out of your life, or stop telling her stuff. Not really much of a friend.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
no

your friend is a **** lmao
sara.294
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
she is not a friend at all like that's just plain and utter wrong.
username3239272
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I knew a girl EXACTLY like this. She is so toxic and I did the right thing cutting her out of my life
Do the same!!!
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Cut her out of your life. Why are you telling her those things if you know she's going to say something to others?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (223)
42.31%
The paper was reasonable (226)
42.88%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.11%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.69%

Watched Threads