still get into sixth form if i failed gcse maths Watch

Yahye dlx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Im gonna be frank, I looked at my GCSE paper maths for Edexcel last week and there's no way im getting even a D in that paper. Is there any hope of me going into my school sixth form. +I plan on doing government & politics, re, sociology at a-level
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Yahye dlx)
Im gonna be frank, I looked at my GCSE paper maths for Edexcel last week and there's no way im getting even a D in that paper. Is there any hope of me going into my school sixth form. +I plan on doing government & politics, re, sociology at a-level
It really depends on the circumstances, but they will more than likely make you resit your GCSE Maths to get a grade C or above whilst doing your A-Levels along-side.
bendio
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Most sixth forms let you resit whilst doing your main subjects. I would contact yours to see if that is the case.
lrhwaterx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Most sixth forms do, I got in and I got a D in GCSE Maths and now I'm in year 13. Some people at my sixth form who are hoping to go to uni in september are still having to sit the GCSE Maths exam this year, Although if you do fail, which you hopefully wont, you might not be able to do sociology as I THINK you need maths.. (i could possibly be wrong)
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by okayseoul)
Most sixth forms let you resit whilst doing your main subjects. I would contact yours to see if that is the case.
I agree.
Dysf(x)al
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You'll be able to get in, but you'll probably have to resit your GCSE Maths alongside your A-levels. Given your choices, I don't think you'll be forced to give up any of them as they aren't particularly math-heavy.
stoyfan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It obviously depends on the six form but you will be expected to retake GCSE maths.
Hihihihowareu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Would you resit the new papers the current year 11s would be doing, or the same paper you done before?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (10)
21.74%
No (36)
78.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed