The Student Room Group

What if I meet my UCAS points but not the minimum grade for my conditional offer?

I applied to KCL to study Computer Science with Management where the requirements for the course are AAB or 136 UCAS points but what if I get ABB or BBB but get more than 136 UCAS points as I'm taking 4 A-Levels instead of 3 and therefore my UCAS points are going to be much higher than 136. Is it still possible for me to get accepted if I dont get the AAB conditional offer? please help!
It's up to the course provider, but they will probably prefer you get better grades in 3, and pass the last one, than get good but not great grades in 4.
Original post by zeedee
I applied to KCL to study Computer Science with Management where the requirements for the course are AAB or 136 UCAS points but what if I get ABB or BBB but get more than 136 UCAS points as I'm taking 4 A-Levels instead of 3 and therefore my UCAS points are going to be much higher than 136. Is it still possible for me to get accepted if I dont get the AAB conditional offer? please help!

You must meet the grades over 3 A levels and in the subjects they decide. Failure to do so means you fail to meet the offer.

It is then up to KCL and will depend on how many people meet the offer and accept

The offers will then go to people who got the grades but not in the correct subjects., down to people people who get the tariff points in 3 A levels.

The fourth A level is only of minor use and even less so for reaching tariff as people are judged on 3. They prefer 3 strong than 4 mediocre otherwise everyone would do 4.
Reply 3
Original post by zeedee

I doubt your KCL's offer is points based at all in which case you need to meet the stated typical offer: AAB. Your 4th A-level is not part of the offer.

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/computer-science-with-management-bsc.aspx

That said it's possible ABB *might* be acceptable but it will depend on how competitive the course is and how the other applicants also do on Results Day.

The only way to guarantee a place is to achieve the offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zeedee

They've offered based on three (I assume specific) 'A' level grades, so that's what you should aim to meet / beat. You can waste a lot of time on 'what ifs'. Concentrate on the three 'A' levels that they have offered on - you will know that you gave it your best shot whatever the result. You'll probably surprise yourself. The prepare for the course rather than worrying (easily said, I know). Good luck.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending