KayleighLouisex
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I applied for a Tuition Fee Loan and a Maintenance Loan. I used the Maintenance Loan calculator and got an amount off there. However then I was asked to send details of my income and proof that I have been self supporting for more than 3 years. I have today received the proof from HMRC, however when I logged on to my SFE account, it says application approved for Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loan, however the Maintenance loan is a lot lower than what was calculated. Is this just because they are waiting for the evidence? or is that a final figure?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KayleighLouisex)
I applied for a Tuition Fee Loan and a Maintenance Loan. I used the Maintenance Loan calculator and got an amount off there. However then I was asked to send details of my income and proof that I have been self supporting for more than 3 years. I have today received the proof from HMRC, however when I logged on to my SFE account, it says application approved for Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loan, however the Maintenance loan is a lot lower than what was calculated. Is this just because they are waiting for the evidence? or is that a final figure?
It's a preliminary figure - SFE like to reassure everyone ASAP that they'll get the basic maintenance loan. Once they get the evidence they reassess and your loan amounts will change.
Evan SFE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is this just because they are waiting for the evidence?
Yep!

or is that a final figure?
Nope Send your evidence as soon as you can, we'll write back with a new offer, assuming your evidence is all in order!

Thanks!
KayleighLouisex
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi Evan,I submitted my evidence about 2 weeks ago, do you know roughly how long I'll be looking at until it is looked over?
Evan SFE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Evan,I submitted my evidence about 2 weeks ago, do you know roughly how long I'll be looking at until it is looked over?
Hi Kayliegh,

It's taking a little over two weeks to process standard financial evidence right now. Some other evidence is taking about three weeks. Monitor your online account for updates. If you sent yours about two weeks ago, it should update soon!

Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (161)
44.48%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.05%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (29)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (76)
20.99%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.39%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
6.08%

Watched Threads