The Student Room Group

Casio fx cg-20 not entering examination mode

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a casio fx cg20 graphic calculator and am trying to put it into examination mode. However, when I turn it off and then press [cos][7][AC/ON] like the manual says to do, it just turns on normally. It doesn't come up with a dialog asking to confirm you want to go into exam mode.

When the calculator is on and I press [cos], it takes me to the communication page, where F3 gives the option for exam mode. I then go into F3 and it has 4 options:
F1 is unlock exam mode
F2 is how to enter exam mode
F3 is info about exam mode
F4 is exit.

So when I press F1 to unlock exam mode, a dialog box comes up and says:
'Reset OK?
Unlock Examination Mode
Yes: [F1]
No: [F6]'.

I press F1 but then it says:
'Transmit ERROR
Press: [EXIT]'.

So I'm not sure why I can't enter exam mode and whether or not it is unlocked. If anyone knows what is going on, I would be grateful for your help.
Thanks in advance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Helloooo....
Reply 2
I had this problem too, but I found the problem.First you need to turn off your calculator. Than press cos 7 AC and hold. This will do the trick.
Reply 3
I had this problem too, but I found the problem. First you need to turn off your calculator. Than press cos 7 AC and hold. This will do the trick.

Original post by Hassnen Ayub
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a casio fx cg20 graphic calculator and am trying to put it into examination mode. However, when I turn it off and then press [cos][7][AC/ON] like the manual says to do, it just turns on normally. It doesn't come up with a dialog asking to confirm you want to go into exam mode.

When the calculator is on and I press [cos], it takes me to the communication page, where F3 gives the option for exam mode. I then go into F3 and it has 4 options:
F1 is unlock exam mode
F2 is how to enter exam mode
F3 is info about exam mode
F4 is exit.

So when I press F1 to unlock exam mode, a dialog box comes up and says:
'Reset OK?
Unlock Examination Mode
Yes: [F1]
No: [F6]'.

I press F1 but then it says:
'Transmit ERROR
Press: [EXIT]'.

So I'm not sure why I can't enter exam mode and whether or not it is unlocked. If anyone knows what is going on, I would be grateful for your help.
Thanks in advance.
Reply 4
Original post by Noazou
I had this problem too, but I found the problem.First you need to turn off your calculator. Than press cos 7 AC and hold. This will do the trick.

Thank you so much that's literally it

Quick Reply