Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    aiming for a 5 i hate English just want it done with i do aqa

ReputationRep:
    During the exam, come up with really basic ideas and then embellish the crap out of them using parts of the text(s) in the essay. Watch your timings. For p1q5: come up with a list of extended metaphors/themes you would like to fit into your creative description of the photo and then fit your picture around tht. p2q5: try to keep it formal and persuasive to your line of argument(s)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcencima)
    aiming for a 5 i hate English just want it done with i do aqa
    Timing is crucial.
    Also, check out Mr Bruff's channel on YouTube
    And drop in a load of subject terminology (as long as it's relevant) in the analysis questions and link to an interpretation (even if it's vague- synonyms if you're saying the same point and can't think of anything else to say)
    Remember question 2 paper 1 is SUMMARY, but that still needs specific detail (e.g. 'Source A shows 12 people died from the weather but in Source B it just makes some people ill and have a "headache and cold")

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SKRevision)
    Timing is crucial.
    Also, check out Mr Bruff's channel on YouTube
    And drop in a load of subject terminology (as long as it's relevant) in the analysis questions and link to an interpretation (even if it's vague- synonyms if you're saying the same point and can't think of anything else to say)
    Remember question 2 paper 1 is SUMMARY, but that still needs specific detail (e.g. 'Source A shows 12 people died from the weather but in Source B it just makes some people ill and have a "headache and cold"

Hope this helps
    yeh thanks this helps i watch mr bruff sometimes how would go about dropping in lots subject terminology i give at least two in every paragraph i write so btw do u have a guide on how my papragraphs i should aim for per question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saharan_skies)
    During the exam, come up with really basic ideas and then embellish the crap out of them using parts of the text(s) in the essay. Watch your timings. For p1q5: come up with a list of extended metaphors/themes you would like to fit into your creative description of the photo and then fit your picture around tht. p2q5: try to keep it formal and persuasive to your line of argument(s)
    yeh i just have a problem making my writing interesting

ReputationRep:
    yeh thanks this helps i watch mr bruff sometimes how would go about dropping in lots subject terminology i give at least two in every paragraph i write so btw do u have a guide on how my papragraphs i should aim for per question
    I think two should be enough as part of some decent analysis- just link it well, e.g. this simile has xyz verb which makes the reader feel uneasy, creating a mysterious atmosphere

Personally I go for:
    Paper 1
    • Q2) 3 detailed (Usually about a side, maybe slightly more)
    • Q3) As above
    • Q4) Try 1.5 sides, but mine ends up being slightly less (Brief intro saying my opinion about the statement; 3-4 paragraphs; Brief conclusion directly addressing question)

Paper 2
    • Q2) 3-4 Comparative paragraphs (depends how much there is to say really)
    • Q3) 2-3 detailed paragraphs
    • Q4) 3-4 detailed paragraphs

My Section B length varies a lot

ReputationRep:
    I think two should be enough as part of some decent analysis- just link it well, e.g. this simile has xyz verb which makes the reader feel uneasy, creating a mysterious atmosphere

Personally I go for:
    Paper 1
    • Q2) 3 detailed (Usually about a side, maybe slightly more)
    • Q3) As above
    • Q4) Try 1.5 sides, but mine ends up being slightly less (Brief intro saying my opinion about the statement; 3-4 paragraphs; Brief conclusion directly addressing question)

Paper 2
    • Q2) 3-4 Comparative paragraphs (depends how much there is to say really)
    • Q3) 2-3 detailed paragraphs
    • Q4) 3-4 detailed paragraphs

My Section B length varies a lot
    by sides do u mean pages

ReputationRep:
    by sides do u mean pages
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    Yeah
    so 3 detailed paragraphs for q2 and 3 on paper 1

ReputationRep:
    Hi all - I've tried to deconstruct AQA Paper 1 on my blog, and there are links to my Kindle book which goes through the whole paper. I hope you find them helpful as they take you through both papers and try to get inside the examiner's head. If you go to the end of the blog and work backwards you'll find the language posts! examinershead.wordpress.com

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely think out a flexible story in your head for section B, that usually helps me, so that I don't sit there having to think what I'm writing my story about.
    Or I you do the description, just make sure you look at every datail of the picture really, and get that in your writing.

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.