midgetjem
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey, Anyone doing AQA Greek Tragedy on 16/06/17 and then Tiberius and Claudius 20/06/17?

If so, any predictions? or advice?

I am so nervous! Terrified that I won't get my grades for uni and stressing so much for this exam. Any advice would be lovely thanks
EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by midgetjem)
Hey, Anyone doing AQA Greek Tragedy on 16/06/17 and then Tiberius on 20/06/17?

If so, any predictions? or advice? I am so nervous, terrified I won't get my grades for uni and I'm stressing so much for this exam. Any advice would be lovely thanks
I'm doing the Tiberius and Claudius paper on the 20th!
I've had a look at the past papers, and the 40 mark questions always seem to include one about Suetonius and Tacitus' presentation of the two emperors, so I'm hoping that comes up as it's easy to revise for.
Women in the imperial household seems to come up quite often, so I'm hoping for that. Tiberius' section has info about Tacfarinas and Sejanus last year, so that's unlikely to come up again.
midgetjem
Rep:
?
(Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
I'm doing the Tiberius and Claudius paper on the 20th!
I've had a look at the past papers, and the 40 mark questions always seem to include one about Suetonius and Tacitus' presentation of the two emperors, so I'm hoping that comes up as it's easy to revise for.
Women in the imperial household seems to come up quite often, so I'm hoping for that. Tiberius' section has info about Tacfarinas and Sejanus last year, so that's unlikely to come up again.
Hey, thank you so much for replying!

Yeah my classics teacher says that tacitus and suetonius usually come up, but I'm not very good at answering them questions. Any tips?
Hopefully there is something on women and maybe freedmen then, because I think that is a good topic. I just can never remember dates or names for this topic which is so frustrating because in history I have no problem with that.

What is the other topic you are doing for classics?
EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by midgetjem)
Hey, thank you so much for replying!

Yeah my classics teacher says that tacitus and suetonius usually come up, but I'm not very good at answering them questions. Any tips?
Hopefully there is something on women and maybe freedmen then, because I think that is a good topic. I just can never remember dates or names for this topic which is so frustrating because in history I have no problem with that.

What is the other topic you are doing for classics?
My other topic is the Augustus and the Principate paper (3D); my AS papers was Athenian Imperialism and Aristophanes and Athens (Which I re-sat last monday)
I do hope there's women or freedmen as it's the sections I know best, or Claudius' building works. But the grade boundaries are approximately 5 marks lower than the unit 3 papers for A2, so there's a higher chance of doing well.
Tips wise? I'll have a look over my past 40 markers and get back to you; I've been getting 30 and 31 most of the time, so I should be doing something right.
midgetjem
Rep:
?
(Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
My other topic is the Augustus and the Principate paper (3D); my AS papers was Athenian Imperialism and Aristophanes and Athens (Which I re-sat last monday)
I do hope there's women or freedmen as it's the sections I know best, or Claudius' building works. But the grade boundaries are approximately 5 marks lower than the unit 3 papers for A2, so there's a higher chance of doing well.
Tips wise? I'll have a look over my past 40 markers and get back to you; I've been getting 30 and 31 most of the time, so I should be doing something right.
Ah right, I'm resitting Odyssey on Monday! Hoping AQA are feeling nice this year haha. Oh, I didn't know that, it takes the pressure off paper 4 a bit then and thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (75)
14.94%
1 (69)
13.75%
2 (65)
12.95%
20.52%
20.32%
5 (88)
17.53%

Watched Threads

Latest