The Student Room Group

How can you go about with Computer Science? (OCR Gateway)

I'm completely helpless at Computer Science, my teacher isn't the best of the best. He has spent far too long on coursework and we only just recently started to learn what we needed on the specification for the GCSE Computer Science exam. :s-smilie:

However, the computer science course is really long and so I may not get through all the essentials. Could someone link some useful websites that may help with revision? and ideas to go about with the revision will be greatly appreciated! :wink:
We also spent much more time on revising coursework rather than theory, which was worth it because the weighting of it is worth more than 60%, so if you did well in your coursework you don't really need to worry much about the exam. However to revise I use resources given by my school and a textbook (OCR GCSE COMPUTING BOOK). Doing past papers would also help.
YouTube channel called computer science tutor. He's really good and explains everything clearly
Reply 3
Original post by kithmina3538
We also spent much more time on revising coursework rather than theory, which was worth it because the weighting of it is worth more than 60%, so if you did well in your coursework you don't really need to worry much about the exam. However to revise I use resources given by my school and a textbook (OCR GCSE COMPUTING BOOK). Doing past papers would also help.

Coursework for computer science is worth more than 60%?
Reply 4
Original post by flowerssxx
YouTube channel called computer science tutor. He's really good and explains everything clearly

I'l check it out thanks! :smile:
Original post by Devestation
Coursework for computer science is worth more than 60%?

Yes, it carries a greater weighting than the exam. It does for OCR Computing as there are two pieces, A451 and A452 each worth 45 marks.
Reply 6
Original post by kithmina3538
Yes, it carries a greater weighting than the exam. It does for OCR Computing as there are two pieces, A451 and A452 each worth 45 marks.

Ah ok, feeling more at ease now.

Quick Reply