How can you go about with Computer Science? (OCR Gateway) Watch

Devestation
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm completely helpless at Computer Science, my teacher isn't the best of the best. He has spent far too long on coursework and we only just recently started to learn what we needed on the specification for the GCSE Computer Science exam.

However, the computer science course is really long and so I may not get through all the essentials. Could someone link some useful websites that may help with revision? and ideas to go about with the revision will be greatly appreciated!
kithmina3538
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We also spent much more time on revising coursework rather than theory, which was worth it because the weighting of it is worth more than 60%, so if you did well in your coursework you don't really need to worry much about the exam. However to revise I use resources given by my school and a textbook (OCR GCSE COMPUTING BOOK). Doing past papers would also help.
flowerssxx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
YouTube channel called computer science tutor. He's really good and explains everything clearly
Devestation
Rep:
?
(Original post by kithmina3538)
We also spent much more time on revising coursework rather than theory, which was worth it because the weighting of it is worth more than 60%, so if you did well in your coursework you don't really need to worry much about the exam. However to revise I use resources given by my school and a textbook (OCR GCSE COMPUTING BOOK). Doing past papers would also help.
Coursework for computer science is worth more than 60%?
Devestation
Rep:
?
(Original post by flowerssxx)
YouTube channel called computer science tutor. He's really good and explains everything clearly
I'l check it out thanks!
kithmina3538
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Devestation)
Coursework for computer science is worth more than 60%?
Yes, it carries a greater weighting than the exam. It does for OCR Computing as there are two pieces, A451 and A452 each worth 45 marks.
Devestation
Rep:
?
(Original post by kithmina3538)
Yes, it carries a greater weighting than the exam. It does for OCR Computing as there are two pieces, A451 and A452 each worth 45 marks.
Ah ok, feeling more at ease now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (20)
6.92%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.03%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.68%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.14%

Watched Threads