OCR Chemistry A: Chains, Energy and Resources F322 - 09 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone! This is the official thread for discussing the OCR Chemistry exam in June. How is everyone feeling about it? What topics are you most concerned about?

OCR Chemistry A - Afternoon (PM) exam - 9th June 2017

Specification

You can find the specification and sample assessment papers here.

Resources

TSR Chemistry Revision Library

Good luck!
rhoxc
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Might be the only one doing this exam
Jussicah
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought I was the only one 😂
Tislam77
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What did every one get for the pollutant
Ash8991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tislam77)
What did every one get for the pollutant
C3H6O for the molecular formula, think I did aldehyde for the structural mate, and you? Assuming I read the mass spec right, the mr of it should have been 58 or something? Using the IR spec, I think I only found C=O and no O-H bonds so it's either an aldehyde or a ketone
sterlywhirly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ash8991)
C3H6O for the molecular formula, think I did aldehyde for the structural mate, and you? Assuming I read the mass spec right, the mr of it should have been 58 or something?
Yeah thats what I got as well.
Thought it was such a weird paper compared to past papers, anyone else?
Hayytch
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone remember their numerical answers?
Tislam77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
C3H6O for the molecular formula, think I did aldehyde for the structural mate, and you? Assuming I read the mass spec right, the mr of it should have been 58 or something? Using the IR spec, I think I only found C=O and no O-H bonds so it's either an aldehyde or a ketone
Yeah, I got the aldehyde propanal as one of the peaks was 29 so represented a CHO+
Tanishalaura
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I drew structures for the aldehyde and ketone because it said possible structures i think?
Tislam77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tanishalaura)
I drew structures for the aldehyde and ketone because it said possible structures i think?
I'm pretty sure after identifying that it was an aldehyde or ketone with Mr of 58 you had to use the molecular ion peaks to see if it was an aldehyde or ketone?
Tanishalaura
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm pretty sure after identifying that it was an aldehyde or ketone with Mr of 58 you had to use the molecular ion peaks to see if it was an aldehyde or ketone?
I forgot about ion peaks lool hope it will only be a mark or 2
JAJ10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any predictions on grade boundaries? Isn't it just re-sitters in Northern Ireland that sat that exam?
Si_M
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sterlywhirly)
Yeah thats what I got as well.
Thought it was such a weird paper compared to past papers, anyone else?
That's what I said, it was weird paper
Elizajaynethorpe
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme and/ or any idea of grade boundaries ?
Tislam77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Elizajaynethorpe)
does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme and/ or any idea of grade boundaries ?
Assuming the grade boundaries will be really high since everyone taking this paper is a resit student
Elizajaynethorpe
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
But that would be the same as last year they take into account who is re-sitting as they know how much grades change when candidates have re-sat on previous years. Last years was re-sit only and the grade boundries were 83 for an A but don't know whether this years paper was easier ?
Tislam77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Elizajaynethorpe)
But that would be the same as last year they take into account who is re-sitting as they know how much grades change when candidates have re-sat on previous years. Last years was re-sit only and the grade boundries were 83 for an A but don't know whether this years paper was easier ?
I found this year's paper more difficult than last year's, hoping everyone else did too so that grade boundaries aren't too high 😅
Elizajaynethorpe
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Same hope the grade boundaries are nice. Is anyone doing f324 or f325 resits as well ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amber8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hayytch)
Does anyone remember their numerical answers?
I think I got something like 9.2% (might be slightly different) percentage yield and around 67% atom economy. Again both may slightly differ. Don't remember any other numerical answers at the moment. Can you think of any?
Amber8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes I got the same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (370)
67.27%
No (180)
32.73%

Watched Threads