Kleigh01
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Which English out of the two (literature and language) is the most important. I'm struggling with English Language, I had a B in lit last year but I find Language really hard to revise for and feel as if I won't get the grade. I'm taking sociology for a level which asks for English but doesn't specify which one. Would I need higher in one or both I'm currently at a band 3 which is a C/D grade. Have you got any tips on revising and which English is more important out of the two. Does it matter if I don't do well in Language but I have a B in literature?
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kleigh01)
Which English out of the two (literature and language) is the most important. I'm struggling with English Language, I had a B in lit last year but I find Language really hard to revise for and feel as if I won't get the grade. I'm taking sociology for a level which asks for English but doesn't specify which one. Would I need higher in one or both I'm currently at a band 3 which is a C/D grade. Have you got any tips on revising and which English is more important out of the two. Does it matter if I don't do well in Language but I have a B in literature?
English language is the most important. The college may accept your grade in literature if they don't specify, but usually it's assumed to be language. Even if you do manage to take the A Level, you may struggle with other future opportunities (university, work etc) without a C equivalent in language.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads