CurlyBen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
In TSR's 'Manifesto Snapshots' article, highlighted at the top of the homepage, there are links to manifesto snapshots and discussions about them for five left wing parties (Labour, Lib Dems, Greens, SNP, Plaid Cymru) - but neither the Conservatives or UKIP. I realise that it may just be that the articles aren't ready yet, but in that case I'd suggest the article isn't ready to be published. In terms of making a balanced and informed decision, surely the Conservative and Labour manifestos are the most important, as they're the only two with a realistic possibility of forming a government?
It doesn't look very neutral!
CurlyBen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by truffle_999)
This might help.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...estos-compared

Worth noting that some people may well be voting tactically by voting for smaller parties that would probably never get a majority
I know the information is out there, but (as far as I'm aware) TSR is at least notionally neutral. Only covering the left wing manifestos doesn't really fit with that!
username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CurlyBen)
I know the information is out there, but (as far as I'm aware) TSR is at least notionally neutral. Only covering the left wing manifestos doesn't really fit with that!
Maybe they are trying to expose them for their worth, whilst protecting Con and UKIP from scrutiny. I very much doubt it but it could be.

You do raise a good point... TSR, how do you explain that one?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (26)
26.26%
1 (13)
13.13%
2 (16)
16.16%
3 (12)
12.12%
4 (8)
8.08%
5 (10)
10.1%