Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've got my paper two exam on 6th June and I am not entirely sure how many case studies there are for each topic... I am studying:
    Changing Urban Environments
    Population Change
    Tourism

Any help with identifying any of the case studies for any of the three topics would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by GreyAngus)
    Hi I've got my paper two exam on 6th June and I am not entirely sure how many case studies there are for each topic... I am studying:
    Population Change
    Tourism

Any help with identifying any of the case studies for any of the three topics would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance
    Which exam board?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing OCR B. Our teacher gave us predictions for the case studies we need to learn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    Which exam board?
    Oops sorry about that- I'm doing AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonimy)
    I am doing OCR B. Our teacher gave us predictions for the case studies we need to learn.
    Ah well sadly my teacher barely gave us any general ideas, let alone manage to predict them!

(Original post by GreyAngus)
    Population Change
    Tourism

I've never done OCR so I don't know any specifics. However, try looking at mark schemes and examiners reports since they usually will give some guidance as to what case studies are in the textbooks/what students used which you can look at to guide you.
    Whilst they might not do that for every question, they might do for the longer questions that come up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing those exact topics, so next to each case study I've put which case study I've studied as an example.
    For population change, there are 4 case studies I think: China's one child policy, a non-birth control population management policy(Transmigration in Indonesia), an ageing population case study( UK ageing population) and a migration one (Poland to the UK). You have to know about migration from outside of the EU to the EU, but I don't think that's a case study. For population change, it is unlikely that China's one child policy will come up as it has come up in 2015 and 2016.
    For tourism there are 4: a case study of a UK national park(Lake District National Park) or UK coastal resort, a mass tourism case study(mass tourism in Kenya), an extreme tourism case study(Antarctica) and an eco tourism case study(Tataquara Lodge in Brazil) . The tourism one could be the eco tourism case study or extreme tourism. I'm basing that prediction on what has come up in recent years.
    For Changing Urban Environments there are only 2: a case study of managing squatter settlements (The Favela-Bairro project) and a case study of a sustainable city (Curitiba in Brazil). It is hard to predict the urbanisation case study because there are only two.

ReputationRep:
    what are the case studies for AQA have you got any revison stuff i can use QT

ReputationRep:
    What are the AQA case studies for paper 2 and do you have stuff i can revise from qt

ReputationRep:
    the case studies i use are:
    tunisia for tourism
    manchester
    nigeria
    rio de janerio but i dont know what those are for

ReputationRep:
    Case studies:Rio De JanerioBristol-UK city case study Germany-FreiburgNigeria Indus Basin Irrigation system this isn't a case study but i think it's going to come up; the north and south divide.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.