emanef13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,
I have finished my EU17N form as I am a EU student ,but I haven't send it yet...
As the deadline was today ,what problem I will face ?

My mother works in UK for 3 years and lives outside london, and I want to apply for a maintenance loan (I have a confirmation letter for a place at a uni in London).
Am I eligible ?
If yes, which form should I fill ?
Should I send this possible application together with the EU17N form ,or I have to send it as soon as possible (EU17N form) ,as the deadline expires?

Thanks and sorry for my english!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emanef13)
Hello,
I have finished my EU17N form as I am a EU student ,but I haven't send it yet...

My mother works in UK for 3 years and lives outside london, and I want to apply for a maintenance loan (I have a confirmation letter for a place at a uni in London).
Am I eligible ?
Should I send this possible application together with the EU17N form ,or I have to send it as soon as possible (EU17N form) ,as the deadline expires?

Where have you lived for the past five years? You might qualify as the child of a migrant worker but if not you need to have lived in the uk for 5 years.
Evan SFE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello,
The deadline won't cause you problems, but apply as soon as possible.

Am I eligible ?
We would have to check your mother's employment, and you'd have to be under 21 or continually financially dependent on her since you were a minor, but it sounds like you would be eligible.

Send EU17N right now, if you've listed a parent EU national working in the UK on the form, we will contact you in case you might be eligible for the Migrant Worker program. (That's how you might be maintenance loan eligible.) IF you just get EU funding approval without being contacted about the Migrant Worker program, give us a call and discuss the matter. Call 0300 100 0607 and mention the Migrant Worker program.

You made perfect sense, don't worry!

Thanks
emanef13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you for the answer!Where can I mention, at the EU17N, that my mother is a migrant worker for 3 years in the UK?Thanks
Evan SFE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you for the answer!Where can I mention, at the EU17N, that my mother is a migrant worker for 3 years in the UK?Thanks
Your parent doesn't need to be resident for three years in the UK to be a Migrant Worker. They can have arrived any time before the start of your Academic Year.

If you like, you can call us on 0300 100 0607, and discuss your specific situation. If you fall under the Child of a Migrant Worker rules, we can tell you over the phone to apply directly on form PN1 as an SFE applicant, and include evidence of your relationship to your mother, and her employment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (299)
84.23%
No (56)
15.77%

Watched Threads