Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my friend has booked an holiday for us both in december :rolleyes: but im at university and will have exams in january i think its best to revise for them rather than miss lectures for a week but how can i tell my friend i cant go coz shes paid and evrythin and wont be able to get the money back.
    she was at the open evening with me and asked one of the teachers HERSELF about me going on holiday. the teacher said its inadvisable but its up to me.
    now my friend presumes ive no excuse not to go with her besides she needs some1 18 to go with (shes 17 im 18) so it will upset her even more if i say i cant go

will some1 plz help me out and advise me on how to tell her i cant go coz shes really looking forward to it

thanks

ReputationRep:
    personally, id go on the holiday.

but if your not going to go, just tell her out striaght, she'll see straight through you if you lie.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    my friend has booked an holiday for us both in december :rolleyes: but im at university and will have exams in january i think its best to revise for them rather than miss lectures for a week but how can i tell my friend i cant go coz shes paid and evrythin and wont be able to get the money back.
    she was at the open evening with me and asked one of the teachers HERSELF about me going on holiday. the teacher said its inadvisable but its up to me.
    now my friend presumes ive no excuse not to go with her besides she needs some1 18 to go with (shes 17 im 18) so it will upset her even more if i say i cant go

will some1 plz help me out and advise me on how to tell her i cant go coz shes really looking forward to it

thanks
    just tell her straight, in my experiences (and i have had a few) going on hols in december has led to disastrous consequences in terms of my january exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watford110)
    just tell her straight, in my experiences (and i have had a few) going on hols in december has led to disastrous consequences in terms of my january exams!
    hey thanks for ure replies. though this post has really put me off going now lol im gonna have to tell her shes not an academic person though so wont understand she'l probably fall out with me as she has asked my teacher and knows theres no exams at the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    hey thanks for ure replies. though this post has really put me off going now lol im gonna have to tell her shes not an academic person though so wont understand she'l probably fall out with me as she has asked my teacher and knows theres no exams at the time
    How long is the holiday for? I think you should go - if it's a winter sun holiday, you can always revise on the beach! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    How long is the holiday for? I think you should go - if it's a winter sun holiday, you can always revise on the beach! :cool:
    haha its in scotland lol :rolleyes: soz just made me laugh. erm its for a week but holidays always reck my motivation to study expecially the weeks leading up to going and the week i get back

ReputationRep:
    Do you always have to start these threads up? Youd think by the age of 18 youd be able to deal with other people properly..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Do you always have to start these threads up? Youd think by the age of 18 youd be able to deal with other people properly..
    wot you on about now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaABB)
    wot you on about now?
    ****, off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)

thanks

Go on the holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)

thanks
    i think you should go on the holiday, not only for you, but also cos friends are something special.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.