The Student Room Group

What are your career goals?

Short or long term, what are your career goals? :work:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by shadowdweller

I'd like to do a master's in some some sort of user design/HCI field and then get a job. Long term perhaps start my own business...
Reply 2
Get a job in retail, get a Bosc in electrical/electronic engineering. Then do msc in robotics and sustainability. Get a nice job. Do part-time retail work up to til and including university.:h:
Short term:Complete my BSc in Genetics and Molecular Biology then go onto a MSc in Human Genetics
Long term: Apply to NHS Scientist Training Programme in the Genomic Counsellor role :smile:
To do something that makes me happy. Idk what that is yet.

Reply 5
Get a job with my MS benefactor and splash that cashhhhhh
Reply 6
This has been my plan since 2014. :laugh:

1. Study International Relations and Strategy and International Security with Japanese at Exeter University (2017-2020).
2. Work on the side (2017-2024).
3. Partake in a lot of extracurricular activities in university (2017-2024).
4. Become fluent or at least intermediate in Japanese and Russian while in university (2017-2024).
5. Invest money in businesses for extra income in university (2017-2024).
6. Publish books and articles, both fiction and on political themes (2017-2024).
7. Get a Master's in International Relations (2020-2021).
8. Get a doctorate in International Relations (2021-2024).
9. Work a random graduate job until my dream job has openings if there are not any at the moment (2024-until they have openings).
10. Get my dream job (2024-after they have openings).
(edited 6 years ago)
to become the boss
To become a radiographer
PhD in a particular area of law - I'm more interested in law theoretically/philosophically (rather than what I study atm :facepalm:) and I like jurisprudence. So it's a case of where that takes me because I'm not sure I want to do what I used to want to do after my undergraduate degree...
Original post by Michiyo

4. Become fluent or at least intermediate in Japanese and Russian while in university (2017-2024).

I think you're going to have to reassess that goal. You certainly won't become fluent (or even reach an intermediate level) in either language (let alone two) if you're only studying it as a minor element of your degree. If fluency is your goal then you really should do a joint honours degree (50/50 split) in IR and one language.
Complete ACA

Get promotion

Move to another company (specifically different industry to diversify my experience early on) - move to another part of the country, preferably London or at least back to the southern part of the country.

Continue moving up the ladder

Hopefully end up in a role where I feel passionate about what I do and the vision of the organisation.

Invest money in shares and a house

Retire.
(edited 6 years ago)
Work at McDonalds Loool
Long Term - Open my own Veterinary clinic and shelter abroad.
Short Term - Not really sure, maybe start back at swimming with regular schedule. And get good marks in finals.
(edited 6 years ago)
short term: bare p
long term: even more p
Original post by Snufkin

I want to try and work up to a senior programmer role, and maybe a manager one day! Short term is just to get settled into my job in September :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Short Term - Contract Developer/Business Analyst or Perm In House Developer for South West Water

Long Term - Invent/Develop "Sun Cream Gate"
*cough* *cough* PREPARE TO BE AMAZED!!!
Think about those beach times where you cant get sun cream evenly spread or can't reach the areas you want to get to well well get ready for the SUN CREAM GATE...
...all you have to do is insert your coins or swipe your contactless card and then choose your factor of sun cream and then...*squirt* *squirt* *squirt* (PG-13) there you have it, you have been sprayed on with an even coat of your usual sun cream.

Go an Enjoy a burn free summer kids! :P
Original post by Kraggor
Short Term - Contract Developer/Business Analyst or Perm In House Developer for South West Water

Long Term - Invent/Develop "Sun Cream Gate"
*cough* *cough* PREPARE TO BE AMAZED!!!
Think about those beach times where you cant get sun cream evenly spread or can't reach the areas you want to get to well well get ready for the SUN CREAM GATE...
...all you have to do is insert your coins or swipe your contactless card and then choose your factor of sun cream and then...*squirt* *squirt* *squirt* (PG-13) there you have it, you have been sprayed on with an even coat of your usual sun cream.

Go an Enjoy a burn free summer kids! :P

I love the invention idea! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love the invention idea! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yesss it's great! (And for a small donation of £1million pounds you can get a 10% cut in all business sales)
But, it's gonna take a while:lol: I'll just stick with project work developer work for now ahahaha

Short term: get an offer for a job (or internship) in at least one of the fields I'm interested in - finance, technology, consulting etc.

Long term: rise through the ranks of a career or eventually start my own technology company. Possibly do an MBA or some other advanced degree. Move around the world as I did as a kid again.

Can't really be certain about where I'll end up anymore now that I've experienced one recruiting season.. the world is completely unpredictable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending