Hate crimes double after Manchester attack

Watch
Trapz99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
http://www.aljazeera.com/video/news/...074827341.html

what kind of sick human do you have to be to attack innocent men, women and children who haven't actually done anything bad just because they happen to believe in a different religion?
Hugh_Jass
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They can be a variety of things.

A crime because a hate crime if the victim or any other person deems it to be.

For example, if a guy goes up to a Muslim woman and asks why she wears the hijab, or if she can explain why some of the people following her religion commit so many heinous terror attacks, it can easily be considered a hate crime.

I just think the guys being a prick and it could be considered discrimination.

A true hate crime would be that of someone murdering a person because they're (insert minority).

That's just my opinion though, and I'm sure lots of the hate crimes reported were physical.
hahagr8stuff
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
it's just.. common sense. i mean,,, if ISIS are actually muslim, why are like 95% of their victims muslim??? just look at iraq, afghanistan, syria. how do these people not realise??? the ignorance... just *FACEPALM*
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
People who attack innocent people after a terrorist attack are just letting the terrorists win, by dividing us.
Meany Pie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hahagr8stuff)
it's just.. common sense. i mean,,, if ISIS are actually muslim, why are like 95% of their victims muslim??? just look at iraq, afghanistan, syria. how do these people not realise??? the ignorance... just *FACEPALM*
Muslims killing other Muslims is not a new phenomenon.
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Reports of hate crime not proven hate crime
trooper4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by joecphillips)
Reports of hate crime not proven hate crime
So what are you saying? They're lying?

People like you are always part of the problem. You dont want to look at the bigger picture apart from "islam".

But sure, all attacks are lies when it doesn support the rights agenda.
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by trooper4)

People like you are always part of the problem. You dont want to look at the bigger picture apart from "islam".

Hate crime reports don't necessarily mean that people are targeted because of who they are just that's what they think it's who they are
trooper4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by joecphillips)
Hate crime reports don't necessarily mean that people are targeted because of who they are just that's what they think it's who they are
Are you unable to fathom the concept of why hate crimes rise after an attack? This is a proven trend, take it from the police.

If you're unable to understand a fairly simple concept you're not worth my time.
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you unable to fathom the concept of why hate crimes rise after an attack? This is a proven trend, take it from the police.

If you're unable to understand a fairly simple concept you're not worth my time.
I prefer to deal in proven crimes rather than reports
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unfortunately, there are a lot of stupid people in the world, so there will be plenty of "ISIS are Muslims, therefore all Muslims are murderers - get the Muslims!!!" types.
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Trapz99)
what kind of sick human do you have to be to attack innocent men, women and children who haven't actually done anything bad just because they happen to believe in a different religion?
Ask ISIS, they're the experts.
username521617
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rex Onocrotalus)
People who attack innocent people after a terrorist attack are just letting the terrorists win, by dividing us.

These hate crimes are not necessarily attacks (depending on how they are interpreted, anyway).

After a terrorist attack like this, there will be an increase in public tension. This can also result in an increased perception of hate crimes as well as the crimes themselves.

Additionally, from a purely numerical standpoint, the increase isn't that large considering the mean number of daily reports (which may vary considerably).

Remember, there is political sensationalism and alarmism on both sides of this topic.
astutehirstute
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hahagr8stuff)
Because ISIS claims that the Muslims they kill are not proper Muslims.

It is called sectarianism.

Every religion has it, has always had it, and will always have it.

We are going to get nowhere as long as people like you fail to understand this.

And believe ( or pretend to believe?) that ISIS is nothing to do with Islam.

The Islamic State. The clue is in the name.
trooper4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dandaman1)
These hate crimes are not necessarily attacks (depending on how they are interpreted, anyway).

After a terrorist attack like this, there will be an increase in public tension. This can also result in an increased perception of hate crimes as well as the crimes themselves.

Additionally, from a purely numerical standpoint, the increase isn't that large considering the mean number of daily reports (which may vary considerably).

Remember, there is political sensationalism and alarmism on both sides of this topic.
It's not relevant if it's not direct attacks or not. Sure, attacks are more severe however your average pleb on the street isnt going to attack someone as well.

As said before, an increase in hate crime after a terrorist attack is a proven trend that comes up time and time again.
QueenTheresa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In order to remove these hate crimes, the first thing we need to do is to negotiate Brexit, and by that I mean Brexit, and get rid of these pesky immigrants so there won't be any more hate crimes against them. Make sure you vote for a strong and stable government this summer.
username2763536
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Right and how many people died from these hate crimes? There was a hate crime last week and a bunch of innocent girls were slaughtered.Having your precious feelings hurt is not exactly the same.Like it or not there is a problem with Islam in this country and it's not racist to say so.The Hindu and Sikh communities have integrated well and we have no problem with them.Its a problem when 400 British Muslims go and join Isis,a group known to behead children.If Muslims do not want hate crimes to occur then they should drive out the extremism in their communities.
saharan_skies
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have also heard of hate crime against non-Muslims like Sikhs also rising; it really shows the ignorance in those perpetuating hate crime
saharan_skies
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've seen that before, but thanks. What's your point?

Edit: **** now I see it. Well I don't even know what to say to that
(Original post by Mathemagicien)
HAnwar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This thread just highlights the disgusting hypocrisy and double standards of some TSRians here. They can't accept the fact hate crimes happen towards Muslims so in a desperate attempt try to change the topic of conversation.

Thank you for sharing OP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads