How come all religions are thousands of years old? Watch

frolie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Why hasn't there been a religion created recently- say like 40 years ago? Is it because people thousands of years ago were easily fooled and thus lead to generation after generation being brought up to believe in bs?

If someone created a religion today do you think it would get that many followers? Or will it fail as people haven't been indoctrinated from birth to believe it like the other religions?
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cause they were made by your mum.

Shame, I can't see your posts cause you're on my ignore list Stinkbox, but I can still see your ****witted threads.
MEGHANMARKLE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sikhism is pretty new
CarmenK72
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nonexistence sucks for existing creatures. It's scary and terrible and once you realize life only exists to sustain itself and actually isn't good, your only three choices are to live for personal pleasure, die, or start believing in a lie to feel more whole.

Of course religions are thousands of years old - humanity is. The forced concept of an afterlife and intelligent/sapient thought go hand in hand.
Iridocyclitis
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A few popular branches of Christianity are quite new.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Scientology is allegedly a religion, and came into being in the mid 20th Century.

Mormonism (also allegedly a religion) is from the 19th Century I believe. The Bahai faith dates to the mid 19th Century

Can't think of any others off the top of my head though.
Pulse.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The main religions were very good at expanding and suppressing others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (209)
26.86%
Not great so far... (280)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.41%

Watched Threads