Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by PHIL)
    That's a good reason for the results. well done for thinking of that.

Phil
    Is it worth doing a the mini-happy dance?!?....yes

*Does mini-happy dance*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Is it worth doing a the mini-happy dance?!?....yes

*Does mini-happy dance*
    LOL!!! i misread that as lappy-dance....was too involved in the other thread.

(Original post by Unregistered)
    D in Computing and C/D in General Studies I'm shocked! I didn't take them but thought they were meant to be some of the easiest subjects!
    I doubt they're the hardest. They're just useless so no one bothers. Well Gen Stud is anyway!

ReputationRep:
    subjects like general studies have a wider range of abilities taking them when some schools make every one do them. in contrast by the time people take a2 chemistry or maths you are left with a smaller ability range of people cos obviously people that failed or did really badly at as level arn't going to be taking it to a2. Also the harder subjects tend to attract students with higher abilities. Also for instance when u look at chemistry a lot of people taking it, are doing it cos they want to do medicine and they know they've got to get an A or B. obviously there are exceptions to this patturn but that seemed to be how it was at my school. (sorry if i've randomly rambled)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHIL)
    That's a good reason for the results. well done for thinking of that.

Phil
    I already said that!

(Original post by Bigcnee)
    I already said that!

Sorry, I kinda skip over posts as I read em...must have missed yours!!!

You should join in the mini-happy dance too!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    It still makes me feel dumb that I got a B in maths and I'm supposed to be above average!
    B is above average, wat u complain bot

ReputationRep:
    It does seem strange that those subjects generally considered to be harder (for example, sciences and languages) have higher average grades than those generally considered to be easier (for example, psychology (which I do take) and media studies). I think it says a lot about the sort of people the subjects attract, e.g. More intelligent people take sciences and languages, or more hard-working people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aneesa8)
    B is above average, wat u complain bot
    not according to that 'survey'

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell!!

AVCE Information Technology - U

I got an AB in that subject! I also got a grade C in business studies

Where did you get them figures from? Where are they from? are they just your college or national figures? I'm confused.

ReputationRep:
    Unregistered - A level computing is quiet hard, A level Information Technology is easier.

(Original post by *dave*)
    not according to that 'survey'
    When people talk about 'average' they usually mean mean, not mode.

ReputationRep:
    How come there is yet another resurrected from the dead thread being brought back?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.