Is it illegal to access your school's e-AQA login?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
lucyj9
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My English teacher accidentally put the school's login for e-AQA on a powerpoint. I don't think anyone else saw it but I had asked her once if students were allowed the login but she said no. I've seen my history teacher use it before too. Is it illegal if I went on it? It only has past papers and markschemes, so I don't see why it's a problem.
hamzah209
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
your buying yourself life-time inprisonment there smh
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lucyj9)
My English teacher accidentally put the school's login for e-AQA on a powerpoint. I don't think anyone else saw it but I had asked her once if students were allowed the login but she said no. I've seen my history teacher use it before too. Is it illegal if I went on it? It only has past papers and markschemes, so I don't see why it's a problem.
E-aqa gives access to far more than just past papers and mark schemes, though each login ID has access to different services. Your teacher should not have revealed the information to you and in all honesty you should tell her so she changes her password. If there is anything on there that you need, ask her for it. I'm not sure any criminal offence is committed by Unauthorised access to a secure site. Keep in mind that they do log ip addresses when the site is accessed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tomazza123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do believe it is a criminal offence. It violates the Computer Misuse Act 1990 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ontentsHowever, that being said, the chance of a prosecution is very low I would suggest. The police have far more pressing matters to deal with than someone gaining unauthorised access to an account on AQA. It won't help you cheat for your actual exams, so there's no real advantage gained over other candidates other than in mocks. The only people who would be annoyed if they found out is the school, not the police.
Trusuu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you still have the login?
Pocha
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
my teacher gave me a login of a teacher whos quitting so i could access the mark schemes of the papers he gave me so ive just logged in from my home but now ive read this thread and im really worried.. i didnt use or download anything and i went back to log straight off so... nothing eill happen right?
username4310824
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Pocha)
my teacher gave me a login of a teacher whos quitting so i could access the mark schemes of the papers he gave me so ive just logged in from my home but now ive read this thread and im really worried.. i didnt use or download anything and i went back to log straight off so... nothing eill happen right?
You'll be fine don't worry.
username4310824
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Nkswaly)
Hi I know it’s a big ask, but would you be able to tell me the login because I can’t get onto any of the examiner reports and I really need to see where majority of people lost marks as I’m not doing too well and have A levels next month. Thank you
What subject are you doing? The examiner reports from 2018 should be released to everyone by now.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
yep you could get into trouble because it is similar to hacking so my advice is do not do it at all
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (110)
28.21%
No (280)
71.79%

Watched Threads