Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if this was asked before but well what the heck,harmless to ask again
    I wanna resit p2,and m1,math and maybe take math A2 but I dont know a way to get above the 80/100,so anyone would help ..
    oh forgot the magical word
    please

ReputationRep:
    Simple. Do all the exercises in the book.

ReputationRep:
    There's only one way to do it. You just have to keep practising the questions, over and over again, do as many past papers as you can, then look at which bits you're not doing so well on and concentrate on those bits.

Worked for me with pure maths, got 100, 100, 95, 92, 84 (my P5 was a *****)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesF)
    Rinse and repeat.

I also think that you should do practise papers and mark them as you go along, and if you do not know something when you do one, make sure you do next time...

If you have a LOT of patience, and a keen mind, you can succeed... I'm living proof being a self-confessed math retard who managed to get an A at AS...

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figgetyfig)
    There's only one way to do it. You just have to keep practising the questions, over and over again, do as many past papers as you can, then look at which bits you're not doing so well on and concentrate on those bits.

Worked for me with pure maths, got 100, 100, 95, 92, 84 (my P5 was a *****)
    100,wow,It will be my aim,resits are not beofre jan??!right,
    thanx alot for replying

(Original post by RobbieC)
    Rinse and repeat.

I also think that you should do practise papers and mark them as you go along, and if you do not know something when you do one, make sure you do next time...

If you have a LOT of patience, and a keen mind, you can succeed... I'm living proof being a self-confessed math retard who managed to get an A at AS...

Good luck.
    oh I'm definitly going to use your ways,although I'm not patient,there is a great chance,that I'll throw the book on the floor 100000 times aday,but will it's a must ,thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesF)
    did that last year,almost all cant deny,but didn't really work,in p2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    100,wow,It will be my aim,resits are not beofre jan??!right,
    thanx alot for replying
    It took me 2 attempts to get 92 on P4, I only got 58 first time round, but that was the only resit I did, so I had chance to practice it loads and loads.

ReputationRep:
    oh I'm definitly going to use your ways,although I'm not patient,there is a great chance,that I'll throw the book on the floor 100000 times aday,but will it's a must ,thanx
    I don't exactly have patience myself. I couldn't do this one question for two hours the other day, so I just bit my calculator so hard (the old one that doesnt work thankfully!) that the screen broke and all this stuff got lodged in my mouth...

From now on i'll just write suicide notes... it releases anger...

Bloody hell, I should be locked up.

ReputationRep:
    I never get angry. Maybe a bit "ahhh damn" but never actually physically kill my family angry. I just leave the whore until the next day. I usually get it then.

And to learn maths you do the exercises. Not all of the questions. Start with an easy one to get the basics down. Then read through them until the next one that looks interesting. Sometimes you get a question that is blatantly copied from an earlier one but with different numbers. Don't bother with them. It just wastes time. And don't skip ones that look hard. Skip the ones that look easy (as in you can see the full method just from reading it) and work on the tricky ones. Then you get good.

ReputationRep:
    did that last year,almost all cant deny,but didn't really work,in p2
    Practise does work. I was similar with P2 not really knowing it all clearly. But after P3 where you use alot of P2 stuff I managed to get 100/100 in P2. It will come eventually. I find it best not to force the results as in time you get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I don't exactly have patience myself. I couldn't do this one question for two hours the other day, so I just bit my calculator so hard (the old one that doesnt work thankfully!) that the screen broke and all this stuff got lodged in my mouth...

From now on i'll just write suicide notes... it releases anger...

Bloody hell, I should be locked up.
    *LOL*when I get angry I usually toss the book on the floor or the pen,pencil whatever is in my hand,I'll try those sucide anger notes too,thatnx for the idea

(Original post by SsEe)
    I never get angry. Maybe a bit "ahhh damn" but never actually physically kill my family angry. I just leave the whore until the next day. I usually get it then.
    yeah sometimes when I have a challenging questions I keep thinking about it,wake up in the middle of the night try the new idea,then get back to sleep,then get up again,but I believe I should do more work next year,hopefully,I'm still between physics and math,not decided,

(Original post by Womble548)
    Practise does work. I was similar with P2 not really knowing it all clearly. But after P3 where you use alot of P2 stuff I managed to get 100/100 in P2. It will come eventually. I find it best not to force the results as in time you get there.
    I'm still between physics and math,not decided,but if I took math next year,and do the resits in june,those m1 and p2 would maybe seem esier.as if I took math I will take p3,m2,and s1,so hopefully :rolleyes: and it did give me hope when I saw everyone getting full marks in math,it made it possible

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 24, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.