The Islamic view of a multicultural society

Watch
Arran90
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
It is possible to argue that Islam is a multicultural religion because there are Muslims of many nationalities and races who have different everyday cultures and speak different languages, but are united by Islam. However, the British definition of a multicultural society includes people of all religions meaning that there is no unifying force or factor between them.

What is the Islamic view of a multicultural society according to the British definition? At one end of the scale it is a very complex society unlike any seen in the past as most nations throughout history inhabited by Muslims would have had only one or two non-Muslim groups of people living in them at any one time. It is commonplace for (mostly quite conservative) Muslims to have no interest in non-Muslim ethnics and immigrants along with their cultures and religions although many respect and acknowledge the white non-Muslim British as the indigenous population. At the other end of the scale are (mostly liberal) Muslims who go round trying to embrace and promote diversity amongst every ethnic group following every religion except for the white British.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.9%
I'm not sure (16)
3.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.41%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.81%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.28%

Watched Threads