The Student Room Group

motivation

i have no motivation left iv worked for months i did terrible in my maths exam and im just feeling totally defeated ik like there will be nice holiday at the end but im still doing terribly and school has basically killed me in everyway possible :frown: its like all this time iv been at school and im about to leave with nothing which is my fault i guess but any motivation tips would be appreciated
Original post by jordijordi
i have no motivation left iv worked for months i did terrible in my maths exam and im just feeling totally defeated ik like there will be nice holiday at the end but im still doing terribly and school has basically killed me in everyway possible :frown: its like all this time iv been at school and im about to leave with nothing which is my fault i guess but any motivation tips would be appreciated

Sorry to hear it.

Dont compare yourself to others. Not everyone gets A*.

If I were in your position then the only target I would set myself is that I knew deep down I tried my best. Everyone has the choice to try or give up. If I've tried my best, then that will let me rest easy come results time.

Its about character now and standing up for yourself.

As soon as the exams are over you can have a rest. Tell your parents you havent done very well but you did revise and you did try.

You never know you might have done better than you think. When the results come you can think about what you would like to do. It probably involves resits or finding something more suitable. You need at least Maths and English and all you have to do is figure out (with the help of others) what went wrong and what you cna do to correct matters. Resits give you a second chance.

The world doesnt end even if you fail the first time round.

Dont let yourself down by not trying.
[video="youtube;7fSLbC-1b0Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fSLbC-1b0Q&t=2528s[/video]Winners are too determined to be defeated.

You can do this

I had to resit my maths GCSE but the second time i managed to pass.

I know its all cliche but it really is not the end of the world.

I have learnt to acknowledge that exams do not equate to real intelligence and that there is no single path to success because success is measured differently by everybody.

I know its hard but the minute you give up is when you fail. However, if you are persistent, you will know you have tried your best and trying your best is the only thing anyone can ask of you including yourself.

I hope things work out and it will be nice to know the update on your situation.
Reply 4
thanks guys :frown: i just feel utterly beaten by this 'education' system yknow
Hello,
That is an awful position to be in (and i know what you mean - i feel the same about maths), however, bear in mind that we still have 2 papers to go and your overall grade doesn't come from 1 paper. Even if you got 10/80 on paper 1 but managed to get around 50/80 in the next exams, you would still get an okay grade. Don't let this put you off - at the end of the day, you've been working for five years towards this so don't let it all be for nothing.
Look on places like youtube or maths websites and just practice. Revision is temporary, grades aren't and you still have more exams to really show off your knowledge to. There are many people in the same position as you, please don't worry, besides, you've probably done better than you think!
I wish you the BEST of luck for all of your upcoming exams - show those examiners what you are capable of and don't give them ANY reason to tell you that you're wrong!

Quick Reply