The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Gunfire and explosions heard at hotel in Manila.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sue99
wow, just wow

Are you just going to live your entire life in fear that something might happen?

I have lost a close family friend in a horrific terror attack a few years ago, but that will never stop me from going out and living my life to the full.
Reply 41
Original post by Meany Pie
Are you just going to live your entire life in fear that something might happen?

I have lost a close family friend in a horrific terror attack a few years ago, but that will never stop me from going out and living my life to the full.

I see your point, but what i'm saying is that it could happen to anyone at any time

i'm sorry to hear that; live life while you can and all that, but this possibility just lurks in my mind
Original post by sue99
I see your point, but what i'm saying is that it could happen to anyone at any time

i'm sorry to hear that; live life while you can and all that, but this possibility just lurks in my mind

Lots of potentially fatal things could happen to anyone at anytime, that is just part of life.

Thank you. There is no point dwelling on things you have no control over.
President Duterte will sort out those **********s.
No point living in fear of something that statistically is very rare.

And as such no need to oppress innocent people over something that statistically is very rare. :wink:
Original post by EternalLight
And as such no need to oppress innocent people over something that statistically is very rare. :wink:

Good try :h:
Good try :h:

It's a perfectly valid statement. You yourself said it's a very rare occurrence and there is no point living fear over it. Yet you're willing to oppress thousands of innocent people over it? Logic?
It's a perfectly valid statement. You yourself said it's a very rare occurrence and there is no point living fear over it. Yet you're willing to oppress thousands of innocent people over it? Logic?

It is rare because of our security services, it would be rarer still if they had a few more tools to work with.
It is rare because of our security services, it would be rarer still if they had a few more tools to work with.

How would an ankle bracelet prevent someone from getting in their legally owned car and running down a bunch of people for example? Or taking a knife from their kitchen and stabbing people? Do you think an ankle bracelet would actually help?
Terrorist attacks seem to be worse during Ramadan weirdly.
How would an ankle bracelet prevent someone from getting in their legally owned car and running down a bunch of people for example? Or taking a knife from their kitchen and stabbing people? Do you think an ankle bracelet would actually help?

I think so, the services could be alerted when they are approaching a high risk area and act accordingly.
Reply 51
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Terrorist attacks seem to be worse during Ramadan weirdly.

How is it weird?

Muslims try to draw closer to Allah during ramadan, so if they read the Qur'an and the hadith, especially the parts where muhammed said that there's nothing better for a muslim to do than do die for allah and come back to life, then die again, then come back to life.

Why is it weird that terror attacks increase during ramadan
I think so, the services could be alerted when they are approaching a high risk area and act accordingly.

What if they live in a high risk area? Like the entire city of London or Manchester or Liverpool or Birmingham etc etc? You're going to have them stopped, searched, cars confiscated etc?

What you're now proposing is a limitation on where an innocent person being forced to wear an ankle bracelet can and cannot travel. How you can't see this as being oppressive is beyond me. Why don't you just concede that this idea is terrible and oppressive?
What if they live in a high risk area? Like the entire city of London or Manchester or Liverpool or Birmingham etc etc? You're going to have them stopped, searched, cars confiscated etc?

What you're now proposing is a limitation on where an innocent person being forced to wear an ankle bracelet can and cannot travel. How you can't see this as being oppressive is beyond me. Why don't you just concede that this idea is terrible and oppressive?

It is oppressive but not terrible.
It is oppressive but not terrible.

How would you like to be oppressed?
How would you like to be oppressed?

I don't think I would particularly enjoy it.
I don't think I would particularly enjoy it.

So maybe some thought for the people your ankle bracelet might affect?
Original post by Hugh_Jass
You missed the joke.

She / he wasn't joking.
So maybe some thought for the people your ankle bracelet might affect?

I thought about it, still don't care.
Well that goodness you're not in any kind of power to implement such policies. You'd probably have me wearing one!

I don't see why you would be wearing one, just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you hold extremist views.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending