The Student Room Group

Just add Fuel Offers/ Buy a Car with Installments and do everything me self!

Hi Everyone. I'm a new driver (19). I found a car that I have fell in love with under the just add fuel deal (Peugeot 2008 1.2). Obviously what was advertised on the internet was completed different to the actual price I received in person. Which was (£199 Monthly + £399 Deposit) When I saw this I was over the moon as the car was perfect and so was the pricing but an"Actual conclusion = (£150 Deposit + £400 Monthly Payment) in person.

The actual payment never changes as it is under a 3 year scheme which covers insurance, MOT, Road Tax and servicing for the car. However it is expensive than what I anticipated. The guy said getting a car that I have to pay for = Insurance+ MOT+ Road Tax+ Servicing is more expensive than the "just add fuel deal scheme". What do you guys think I should do????? I'm so confused.

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

@RoyalSheepy @IWMTom any suggestions? =)
Original post by XxBBxX
Hi Everyone. I'm a new driver (19). I found a car that I have fell in love with under the just add fuel deal (Peugeot 2008 1.2). Obviously what was advertised on the internet was completed different to the actual price I received in person. Which was (£199 Monthly + £399 Deposit) When I saw this I was over the moon as the car was perfect and so was the pricing but an"Actual conclusion = (£150 Deposit + £400 Monthly Payment) in person.

The actual payment never changes as it is under a 3 year scheme which covers insurance, MOT, Road Tax and servicing for the car. However it is expensive than what I anticipated. The guy said getting a car that I have to pay for = Insurance+ MOT+ Road Tax+ Servicing is more expensive than the "just add fuel deal scheme". What do you guys think I should do????? I'm so confused.

Thank you

A 19-year-old is unlikely to be able to get a PCP (personal contract plan, which is what this finance is) without a stable, well-paid (ish) job and some history of managing credit. Does this apply to you?
Reply 3
Is this for a new car? If so, the numbers don't add up.
To be honest I don't really like the PCP schemes, I'd much rather buy the car outright as IMO that is the best way of getting a car.

Original post by Reality Check
A 19-year-old is unlikely to be able to get a PCP (personal contract plan, which is what this finance is) without a stable, well-paid (ish) job and some history of managing credit.

I agree with that and many dealerships don't even allow 19 year-olds to take out a PCP; it's usually for over 21/25 year olds due to insurance (I could be wrong, but that is from my experience).

P.s. OP would you mind posting the link for this offer to see?
Reply 5
Original post by RoyalSheepy

I agree with that and many dealerships don't even allow 19 year-olds to take out a PCP; it's usually for over 21/25 year olds due to insurance (I could be wrong, but that is from my experience).

Been offered PCP from both Vauxhall and Volkswagen, yet I'm 18. Don't see how insurance could have any impact on PCP.
Original post by IWMTom
Been offered PCP from both Vauxhall and Volkswagen, yet I'm 18. Don't see how insurance could have any impact on PCP.

I knew you were minted, Tom :smile:
Original post by IWMTom

I was declined by Vauxhall and Audi because of my age :frown:.
To be honest I don't really like the PCP schemes, I'd much rather buy the car outright as IMO that is the best way of getting a car.

How did you become a TSR Ninja (or did you add this yourself?!). I think being a Ninja sounds better than Support Team :biggrin:
Reply 9
I knew you were minted, Tom :smile:

Haha, I wish! If I were, I wouldn't be travelling around in a 61 Corsa!
Reply 10
I was declined by Vauxhall and Audi because of my age :frown:.

Are you sure it wasn't to do with your credit history (which could be attributed to age)?
How did you become a TSR Ninja (or did you add this yourself?!). I think being a Ninja sounds better than Support Team :biggrin:

Sheep are ninjas :colone:. Jk, yeah added myself :lol: wanna swap roles?
Original post by IWMTom
Are you sure it wasn't to do with your credit history (which could be attributed to age)?

They didn't ask anything about credit score though, as soon as I mentioned my age they instantly declined... I was recommended by someone to visit Marmalade instead, which do PCP for 17-24 year-olds, but I gave up on the PCP idea.
Reply 13
They didn't ask anything about credit score though, as soon as I mentioned my age they instantly declined... I was recommended by someone to visit Marmalade instead, but I gave up on the PCP idea.

How strange. Audi I can understand, but not so much Vauxhall. I'm clueless!
Original post by IWMTom
Haha, I wish! If I were, I wouldn't be travelling around in a 61 Corsa!

Corsa twins :five:.
Sheep are ninjas :colone:. Jk, yeah added myself :lol: wanna swap roles?

haha - nah, I stick with it. The avatar is brilliant - the sheep actually looks like it's grinning. How in earth did you get her to stay still for long enough to both keep the cap on and not knock the sunnies off?
Reply 16
Corsa twins :five:.

It's the only thing remotely affordable!
haha - nah, I stick with it. The avatar is brilliant - the sheep actually looks like it's grinning. How in earth did you get her to stay still for long enough to both keep the cap on and not knock the sunnies off?

You definitely sure?? I mean it's a good deal... :laugh:.

Haha, thanks! The sheep is just in its natural environment, that's how cool sheep really are :cool: they're too under-estimated :wink:.
Original post by IWMTom
It's the only thing remotely affordable!

That's actually very true :lol: what series and litre you got?
Reply 19
That's actually very true :lol: what series and litre you got?

61 plate 5dr SXI 1.2 in a lovely deep black.

She's on her way out now mind, it's a right shame!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending