Too late to start revising? Watch

Lowkey.xx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My GCSE exams have already started but the much harder exams are coming up next week and the week after and I don't know what to do because I only started revising in April and I feel like its too late to revise. Do you guys have any advice or tips on what I should do? Also when I start revising after like 30 minutes into it I get bored and then I will usually go on my phone and that just leads to procrastination and this is something that always happens to me so any advice will be really appreciated
Wikia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's never too late lol
Adam25
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not too late, contrary to popular belief, I found that last minute revision helps me a lot. It all depends on the person. For my GCSEs I think I did revision for each subject a day or two before the exam, so it's never too late. For AS Levels you may need to start at least a week before though, and for A Levels it's recommended you do continual revision throughout the year.
Lowkey.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adam25)
Not too late, contrary to popular belief, I found that last minute revision helps me a lot. It all depends on the person. For my GCSEs I think I did revision for each subject a day or two before the exam, so it's never too late. For AS Levels you may need to start at least a week before though, and for A Levels it's recommended you do continual revision throughout the year.
Oh ok thank you
tonedown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in the same boat as you and we can do this. It largely depends on memory. But it's possible.
HopelessMedic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lowkey.xx)
My GCSE exams have already started but the much harder exams are coming up next week and the week after and I don't know what to do because I only started revising in April and I feel like its too late to revise. Do you guys have any advice or tips on what I should do? Also when I start revising after like 30 minutes into it I get bored and then I will usually go on my phone and that just leads to procrastination and this is something that always happens to me so any advice will be really appreciated
What's the alternative, to just sit around and do nothing?
Either you work hard now and can enjoy your summer to relax, or you slack off now and then when you have time off you'l wish you had spent more time revising.
Lowkey.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by alextheowl)
I'm in the same boat as you and we can do this. It largely depends on memory. But it's possible.
Yeah I'm literally trying to just stay as positive as possible but its pretty difficult
Lowkey.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by HopelessMedic)
Either you work hard now and can enjoy your summer to relax, or you slack off now and then when you have time off you'l wish you had spent more time revising.
Hmm guess your right
Alliterate
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I feel this is happening to a lot of people, including me. Keep putting things on the back burner but exams start next week and yes, there are about three of them which are really important (2 english, 1 maths) so of course its not too late, just think, revising tomorrow, 45 minute periods and then breaks for a couple of topics you struggle on could make a difference. A few past papers or new specimen papers etc could help too. And the day before, revision can actually help, sort of wrapping things up but a lot of the stuff you use in the exam can come from day before revision so its not too late, just get to work tomorrow and don't stress
Lowkey.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alliterate)
I feel this is happening to a lot of people, including me. Keep putting things on the back burner but exams start next week and yes, there are about three of them which are really important (2 english, 1 maths) so of course its not too late, just think, revising tomorrow, 45 minute periods and then breaks for a couple of topics you struggle on could make a difference. A few past papers or new specimen papers etc could help too. And the day before, revision can actually help, sort of wrapping things up but a lot of the stuff you use in the exam can come from day before revision so its not too late, just get to work tomorrow and don't stress
Thank you so much
username3112590
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HopelessMedic)
Good advice, you motivated me
HopelessMedic
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GCSE 9)
Good advice, you motivated me
No worries, good luck with the rest of your exams
mashbbk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just had an exam which I didn't start revising till the morning of the exam (exam was for 2:30pm). Don't ask but I felt I did really good on it! It sounds like you got a lot more time then me so just work hard at it.

Whether you have too little or too much time left - it can't be changed, so instead of stressing about it - my advice is just revise as much as you can! You sound like me, I too procrastinate and get easily distracted. I find if I go to a library to study it helps me stay focused.
Elastichedgehog
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I only started revising about 3 weeks ago and I'm in university lol, albeit you have more exams.

A week of revision is plenty of time to revise for an exam.
BadgerNeer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Bro if u have time to ask if theres time to revise ur WASTING every second of your time.
atm it is 5:34... and you know what im about to do
Lowkey.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by mashbbk)
I just had an exam which I didn't start revising till the morning of the exam (exam was for 2:30pm). Don't ask but I felt I did really good on it! It sounds like you got a lot more time then me so just work hard at it.
Whether you have too little or too much time left - it can't be changed, so instead of stressing about it - my advice is just revise as much as you can! You sound like me, I too procrastinate and get easily distracted. I find if I go to a library to study it helps me stay focused.
Thank you I'll try and use up the time I have left wisely
Lowkey.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by BadgerNeer)
Bro if u have time to ask if theres time to revise ur WASTING every second of your time.
atm it is 5:34... and you know what im about to do
Crap :/
Lowkey.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elastichedgehog)
I only started revising about 3 weeks ago and I'm in university lol, albeit you have more exams.

A week of revision is plenty of time to revise for an exam.
Oh alright that's calm then thanks
Xx_rubyk_xx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well try and find an app that blocks things on your phone for a certain amount of time then it will make you work. Also dont push yourself when you are revising and take breaks every 45 mins. Dont pressure yourself 🥂🍊
HighAimer
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This Thread is over 2 years old Lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?