Is this a scam site? Watch

gabriellakhan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
http://uk.millybridal.org/browse/lon...dresses-c-110/ Ordered a dress from here. Was reading reviews and apparently it's a scam. Spent like 100 quid on a dress...
username1842595
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gabriellakhan)
http://uk.millybridal.org/browse/lon...dresses-c-110/ Ordered a dress from here. Was reading reviews and apparently it's a scam. Spent like 100 quid on a dress...
Hey. It looks really dodgy, and all their dresses are on sale. I wouldn't buy from there I'm afraid
gabriellakhan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fermion.)
Hey. It looks really dodgy, and all their dresses are on sale. I wouldn't buy from there I'm afraid
Don't say that!!! 😩😩😩 For gods sake
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The reviews seem to be 50/50. Just cross your fingers and hope for luck
monkeybee123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I dont think Milly Bridal is a scam... Is this the same website though? Or is a copy of the Milly Bridal website?
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
why would you buy it then wander if its a scam after ordering it for 100 quid?
woofwoof4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fermion.)
ever heard of sports direct lol
nutz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It doesn't appear to be a fake website but it is based in China so the reality is that the quality will not be the same as UK and the delivery may take several weeks, even months. Always check reviews and whois data before buying from websites you've never heard of.
farencia.h
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not a scam of money, but a scam of imagery. Their dresses don't actually turn out to be like the picture. They simply give what they believe your money is worth. The dress in the picture is probably costs way more.
Drostina
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
--------------------------------------------

That is the domain registery Info, I would proceed with caution
PrincessZara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The only reviews they have...

I thought, mistakenly, that this was a uk site. Ordered a dress in a custom size which came but was the wrong colour! Not just a slightly wrong shade but completely wrong colour. They refused to refund as it was custom size. It was 2 ...More

RIP OFF SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!
If I was you, Id read the negative comments about Milly Bridal. They are scam ...More

DO NOT order from here, the dresses are horrendous, terrible cheap material, shoddy work and dont look naff all like pictures. im mortified, i paid nearly £200. i felt sick when i saw it!!! stay away!!!!!
gabriellakhan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Steljoy)

--------------------------------------------

That is the domain registery Info, I would proceed with caution
That made me lol but I really shouldn't be laughing I just lost 100 quid on nothing... oh wells. I had a wedding to attend, will just wear rags. :ashamed2:
Drostina
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gabriellakhan)
That made me lol but I really shouldn't be laughing I just lost 100 quid on nothing... oh wells. I had a wedding to attend, will just wear rags. :ashamed2:
I am sorry about this :sad:
gabriellakhan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Steljoy)
I am sorry about this :sad:
Feel so poor right now :ashamed2:
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you poor thing
Allie4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One or two people tend to call a site a 'scam' if something happened with their order. People to this day still call eBay and Amazon a scam
PrincessZara
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you'll receive what ever you ordered but it won't be up to standards
AlyssSt
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did it turn out alright?? I'm planning to order a dress from there as well and the reviews are so mixed I'm not quite sure what to think.
RockyDennis
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Allie4)
One or two people tend to call a site a 'scam' if something happened with their order. People to this day still call eBay and Amazon a scam
Amazon IS a scam. They have at least 101 dodgy ways to try and trick you into signing up for Amazon Prime.

Offer pops up with giant button where "Next" would usually be saying, like "Proceed with FREE One Day Delivery" with microscopic text underneath saying "plus Amazon Prime", with tiny hidden size 1 font saying "Not interested, proceed without prime" or whatever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (158)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (529)
59.37%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.25%

Watched Threads