Report 1 year ago
just wanted to say good luck to everyone for thursday
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
jackdavidson1874
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know if we are supposed to be able to do questions 15b) and c) on this paper, my teacher has never taught us it but have seen it on exams in the past https://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/pa...cs_QP_2014.pdf
username3509752
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jackdavidson1874)
Does anyone know if we are supposed to be able to do questions 15b) and c) on this paper, my teacher has never taught us it but have seen it on exams in the past https://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/pa...cs_QP_2014.pdf
I think it's just one of the problem solving type questions they throw in from time to time. I think I saw a similar question in some 2000-2003 paper as well.
jackdavidson1874
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Edgemaster)
I think it's just one of the problem solving type questions they throw in from time to time. I think I saw a similar question in some 2000-2003 paper as well.
Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be actually!
Ethan100
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do we need to know anything about the transformation of matrices? I don't understand it at all
username3509752
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ethan100)
Do we need to know anything about the transformation of matrices? I don't understand it at all
do you have any examples of questions? We literally haven't been taught that at all
Ethan100
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Edgemaster)
do you have any examples of questions? We literally haven't been taught that at all
I actually don't. Was just looking through the formulae list and saw the transformation thing so I thought it was a big area in the course.
username3509752
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I actually don't. Was just looking through the formulae list and saw the transformation thing so I thought it was a big area in the course.
Found this in the 2015 paper
https://puu.sh/AeNkJ/1fb4871019.png
And here's the marking scheme
https://puu.sh/AeNls/7afd3fc2fd.png
which unsurprisingly is pretty useless. I hope this doesn't come up in the exam.
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Best of luck for tomorrow everyone! If you're still awake revising, make sure you get some sleep soon, and do your best in the exam tomorrow
tomctutor
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
TOMCTUTOR:
Just to say good luck tomorrow, try your best and answer every question if you can-
you will gain marks by trying!:facepalm:

Watch out for the Dragon!

\displaystyle \int_{}^{} {\frac{1}{ 1+x^2 }} .dx = tan^{-1}(x) + const.}
tomctutor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes you need to know rotation, reflection scaling and inversion matrix in xy-plane,

e.g. \begin{pmatrix} cos(\theta) & -sin(\theta)  \\sin(\theta) & cos(\theta) \end{pmatrix}

is positive (anti-clockwise) rotation about the origin.
Ethan100
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tomctutor)
Yes you need to know rotation, reflection scaling and inversion matrix in xy-plane,

e.g. \begin{pmatrix} cos(\theta) & -sin(\theta) \\sin(\theta) & cos(\theta) \end{pmatrix}

is positive (anti-clockwise) rotation about the origin.
Thanks, I remember you from last year Do you think I left it late to try learn this?
tomctutor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you look at the mi's to a few similar questions (even way back to 2002 and onwords) you might get
a hint for questions tomorrow!
tomctutor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm so not looking forward to it, so unprepared. Hopefully, the SQA are nice to us on Thursday.
Nice no! :devil:
\displaystyle \int_{}^{} {sin^2(x)cos^2(x)} .dx = ?}
Ethan100
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nice no!:devil:
\displaystyle \int_{}^{} {sin^2(x)cos^2(x)} .dx = ?}
Is that an integration by parts question :O
tomctutor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
\displaystyle \int_{}^{}{\frac{1}{4}[2sin(x)cos(x)]^2}.dx = ?

\displaystyle \int_{}^{}{\frac{1}{4}sin^2(2x)}  .dx = ?

then maybe substitution with u=2x

then by parts etc..

When it comes to setting AHMaths questions I find the SQA very devious so beware
students!
MONeill27
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oh dear, I don't know anything for this, like can't do the paper without looking at the mi, better be an easyish paper
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ferm4t
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Best of luck tomorrow everyone
tomctutor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MONeill27)
oh dear, I don't know anything for this, like can't do the paper without looking at the mi, better be an easyish paper
Good last minute revision strategy,
see how mi's relate to questions- seriously, given you should really be off to bed-bye's by now- try anyhow! Good luck.

Come back here after exam and maybe the Dragon will furnish us with worked answers (as he has done for last umpteen years).:couchpotato:
ukdragon37
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good last minute revision strategy,
see how mi's relate to questions- seriously, given you should really be off to bed-bye's by now- try anyhow! Good luck.

Come back here after exam and maybe the Dragon will furnish us with worked answers (as he has done for last umpteen years).:couchpotato:
Sorry I've been away most of the cycle this year I'm quite busy tomorrow and as you know I'm 5 hours of timezone behind but if someone posts the paper I will have a go at writing up the solutions, even if I have to do it overnight
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish