Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

'You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it' -Matthew 22

Hello, I'm Mosope. I am making this late but this is mainly for me to track and reflect on my progress.

About me:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • My name is Mosope, in case my username is not obvious enough.
    • I am in year 10.
    • I know it might be odd to be revising properly in year 10 but my plan is to learn all content and focus on skills and tightening things up in year 11. (Hope that makes sense.)
    • I am Nigerian (yoruba) to be exact.
    • I don't have any favorite subjects but i detest Physics. update: and geography

Subjects:

Spoiler:
    Show
    • Physics(9-1) Edexcel
    • Chemistry (9-1)
    • Biology(9-1)
    • Maths(9-1) Edexcel
    • English literature(9-1) Edexcel
    • English Language (9-1)
    • Re (9-1) Edexcel
    • Spanish (9-1) Edexcel
    • Geography(9-1) OcrB
    • Food and Nutrition (9-1)AQA
    • History (9-1) Edexcel

Goals
    Spoiler:
    Show

• I think i want to be a doctor (not sure).
      • Get the best possible GCSEs.( No 6/Bs, and majority 8/A*)

A level choices:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Honestly not sure.
    • Probably/definitely Maths, Biology and maybe/probably Chemistry.
    • Currently struggling with not picking Sociology which i think i will adore.

Past papers:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Will be updated

Mathematics
    12.06.17 Edexcel Paper 2 set 2 spec : 71/80
    05.06.17 Edexcel Paper 1 set 2 sepc 50/80
    31.05.17 Edexcel Paper 2 March 2013 93/100
    21.05.17 Edexcel Paper 2 June 2014 83/100

Spoiler:
    Show

November mock results:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Will be updated- eek

ReputationRep:
    01/06/17
    Hours: 735 minutes
    Rate:8/10
    Overall, yesterday was a good. I slept late which isn't great but i couldn't resist watching PLL. I'm basically PLL trash. I have five English essays for homework to do, which i didn't manage to do. I will do two English essay tomorrow to compensate. I also have a Food and Nutrition assignment , a history mock to revise for and a geography mock to revise for. Definitely not revising for geography- its a waste of my time. I will probably do some light revision for history.We basically have the questions so i will just plan the answers. The history i am revising is for the next unit. I want to be ahead of class since history has so much to learn.

• Biology: I reviewed Topic 6
    • Completed the workbook questions on this topic
    • I reviewed Topic 7
    • Maths:Circle Theorems -Mathswatch
    • Congruence (i struggle with this topic) -Mathswatch
    • History:Completed 1.2 subtopic : Early political and economical challenges to the Weimar Republic
    • Made flashcards (quizlet)
    • English Literature:Finished my an Inspector Calls 'revision guide'
    • Macbeth act 4 -Listened to the audio
    • Macbeth act 5 - Listened to the audio
    • Began my Macbeth 'revision guide'
    • Spanish: Memrise 1 hour
    • Chemistry:Began topic 3
    • Separating mixtures workbook

ReputationRep:
    02/06/17
    Hours:122 minutes
    Today i basically didn't do revision. I wasn't really feeling it and so i quit. I asked my mom if it was okay and she agreed. If your from Nigeria or even other countries, you definitely know the pressure to be revising and working hard. Instead of revising, I binged Netflix and prepared for the next term's revision.

• English literature: Wrote an essay on An Inspector Calls.(Not sure if it is any good, I will read it tomorrow and see.)
    • Spanish: Memrise

Plans for the next week(including Saturday and Sunday):
    • Chemistry:Finish topic 3 DONE
    • Finish topic 4 DONE
    • Finish topic 5 ALMOST DONE (a few pages left)
    • Biology: read though / review the whole book
    • Maths: Finish paper 3 (specimen) DONE
    • Finish paper 2 (specimen) ALMOST DONE
    • History: 1.4 Changes in society 1924-1929 DONE
    • 2.1 Early development Nazi party DONE
    • 2.2 The Munich Putsch and lean years
    • English literature: Finish typing up Macbeth revision guide DONE
    • Write a An inspector calls essay
    • English language: Write a descriptive writing task (beach)

Obviously not going to do all of this tomorrow, but i am aiming to end this half term with a Saturday of 12/13 hours of revision. I know that is quite a lot, my friends think i'm basically crazy, but If i'm tired/not feeling it i will always stop. Will update if i manage it.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_6093.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  362.0 KBThe "revision guide" thing I made. It is basically a document full of essay points and analysis for themes and characters. I'm not naturally good at English literature but I want a good grade so.

ReputationRep:
    05/06/17
    Hours: 240 minutes
    Even though it was only a week off, today was the 'first day back at school ' and so 'first day back to after school revision' I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that i can't get enough hours of revision and sleep my required 9 hours. 9 hours seems a lot, especially compared to a lot of people, but i'm the kind of person who needs to get a lot of sleep or i have atrocious eye bags. As a result, i will put off aiming for 9 hours and do 4 hours of revision and manage on 8-8:30 hours of sleep. It is super hard to balance after school revision and school.

• Chemistry: two topics
    • Workbook
    • (enjoying chemistry recently)
    • History: 4 pages/topics
    • Maths: Finished paper 3 specimen paper (spec papers r supppperrr hard but its good practice)
    • recapped a few topics

ReputationRep:
    Wow-I wish I was like you-I'm currently in year 11 and I literally left history paper 1 revision today until 5AM this morning, I would advise you don't do that lol. Good job on starting early, the you in the future will appreciate it a lot

ReputationRep:
    06/06/17
    Hours: 185 minutes
    Today was an alright day, revision wise. I had triple science after school and so that took 1 hour off my revision time which was very annoying. I just feel like the lesson(s) are often pointless and draggy. Overall, I feel like i didn't achieve much but i technically did. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.
    • Maths: Finished working though and writing out the solutions to the harder questions. (took a while, hard)
    • Chemistry: Two topics
    • 2 workbook topics
    • Biology: Mixed questions mini test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pastelsloth)
    Wow-I wish I was like you-I'm currently in year 11 and I literally left history paper 1 revision today until 5AM this morning, I would advise you don't do that lol. Good job on starting early, the you in the future will appreciate it a lot
    Did the paper go okay tho? Some people are naturally crammers?
    I think it will pay off, I hope so

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_6102.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  406.3 KB These are the worked solutions, I have been doing. The maths specimen papers for 9-1 are considerably harder than the real exam will be. By like question 10, the level of difficulty far beats the old spec. As a result, I thought it would be a good idea to learn to be able to do all questions found in these papers.
    I will redo this paper on 17th June.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mosope17)
    Did the paper go okay tho? Some people are naturally crammers?
    I think it will pay off, I hope so
    Oh it went great-and I think I sure am one of those people. Idk if I answered the questions right though, only the examiner can tell but thank you! i hope it does too

ReputationRep:
    07/06/17
    Hours: 220 minutes
    Today was so productive.I completed my pre-prepared list for the day by like 7.10 and so i was able to do 'extra' things, namely English literature. I didn't have any thing gwaning after school and so i got home relatively early for me. Tomorrow I hope will be just as productive. I plan to 'revise' for my history test on Friday and Monday. Not much time to do so, but i literally know the questions. I will probably just mindmap the answers and practice writing the 12 and 16 mark. I think i will also be able to get my 9 hours of sleep which is awesome.

• Maths: Iterative processes
    • Geometric progressions
    • Went through the paper 3 spec
    • History: Finished 1.4 Changes in society
    • Online flashcards on 1.4 Changes in society
    • Spanish: Quite a lot of memrise (on the bus)4
    • English literature:Typed up annotations/analysis of Macbeth from my own notes
    • Chemistry: Electrolysis workbook
    • 2 subtopics

ReputationRep:
    08/06/17
    Hours:199 minutes
    Today was a relatively okayish productive day. I prepared for the history 'mock' tomorrow but i seem to have forgotten how to write a 12 mark and 16 mark which is fantastic.
    • History:Made a mind-map for question 1, 2, 3 (Will do question 4 on Sunday)
    • Spanish:Memrise
    • English literature: Typed up 2 essays and response
    • Typed up some more of the Macbeth 'revision guide'
    • Read Eleanor and made notes
    • Chemistry:Reviewed Chemistry from yesterday
    • One topic

ReputationRep:
    10/06/17
    Hours: 650 minutes
    Today was a really good day. I didn't clock as many hours as i would usually expect for a Saturday but i am trying not to be so obsessed with the hours. I also want to chill more. Sometimes, I feel like i act like my Gcses are like in a month or something. I need to try and remember this revision is 'extra' and not at all mandatory.

• History: 2.1 Early development of the Nazi party
    • 2.1 Flashcards for all the subtopics
    • Chemistry: 6 topics
    • Reviewed Le Chatlier's principle
    • English literature: Finished typing up notes/analysis from Macbeth
    • Began further annotations for Macbeth 'revision guide'
    • Spanish: Memrise - 30 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Week overview
    Hours:1 day, 4 hours and 37 minutes
    Rate: 7/10
    In terms of goals, this week was
    rather mediocre. I set my weekly goals too high, and my lack of revision on Friday and barely any on Sunday, did not aid. I will try and keep my weekly goals more realistic this week. I have planned almost everything i need to do each day so that might be good or bad.
    Will update as I complete
    Plans for upcoming week
    Aims
    Chemistry
    • Finish topic 5 DONE
    • Finish topic 6 DONE
    • Finish topic 7 DONE
    • EXTRA -TOPIC 8
    • Finish workbook questions topic 4DONE

Maths
    • Complete paper 2DONE

History
    • Chapter 2.2 DONE
    • Flashcards made DONE
    • Chapter 2.3 DONE
    • Flashcards made DONE
    • Chapter 2.4 DONE
    • Flashcards made DONE
    • . Chapter 3.1 DONE
    • Flashcards made DONE
    • . Chapter 3.3 DONE
    • Flashcards made DONE

English literature/language
    • 1. Write a creative story
    • 2. Read Eleanor and Notes
    • 3. Finish Macbeth revision guide- extra annotations DONE

ReputationRep:
    012/06/17
    Hours: 240 minutes
    Today was very productive and i enjoyed studying today ,which is always a good bonus.I managed to finish my prepared list and so i did 'extra'. I finished my maths paper and scored 71/80 which is surprisingly high. Normally I find paper 2 to be the hardest. Perhaps it is just a draw of luck. I lost all of the marks for the final question, so tomorrow i will go through and learn from it. 2 of the marks lost I should have got. I simply forgot to flip the algebraic fraction.

• Chemistry: reviewed topic 5
    • 3 topics
    • Maths: finished paper 2
    • Spanish: memrise
    • History: Flashcards on chapter 1.1
    • Flashcards on chapter 1.2
    • Flashcards on chapter 1.3
    • Flashcards on chapter 1.4
    • Flashcards on chapter 2.1
    • Half of chapter 2.2 - Munich Putsch

ReputationRep:
    13/06/17
    Hours:215 minutes
    Today was very productive day. Yay. I managed to get some chemistry revision done in school which is great. I now understand how to answer the 5 mark maths question i got wrong. Emm... I literally don't know what to type/write today. School was decent.

• Chemistry:One topic
    • Three topic workbook
    • Maths:Worked solution - Question 22
    • English literature: Continued Macbeth 'revision guide'
    • History:Flashcards Munich Putsch
    • Finished Munich Putsch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mosope17)
    Spoiler:
    Show

'You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it' -Matthew 22

Hello, I'm Mosope. This is my GYG thread. Hopefully i have made this right-not sure. I am making this late but this is mainly for me to track and reflect on my progress.
    About me:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • I am in year 10.
    • I know it might be odd to be revising properly in year 10 but my plan is to learn all content and focus on skills and tightening things up in year 11. (Hope that makes sense.)
    • I am Nigerian (yoruba) to be exact.
    • I don't have any favorite subjects but i detest Physics.

Subjects:

Spoiler:
    Show
    • Physics (9-1) Edexcel
    • Chemistry (9-1)
    • Biology (9-1)
    • Maths (9-1) Edexcel
    • English literature (9-1) Edexcel
    • English Language (9-1)
    • Re (9-1) Edexcel
    • Spanish (9-1) Edexcel
    • Geography (9-1) OcrB
    • Food and Nutrition (9-1)AQA
    • History (9-1) Edexcel

Goals
    Spoiler:
    Show

• I think i want to be a doctor (not sure).
      • Get the best possible GCSEs.( No 6/Bs, and majority 8/A*)

A level choices:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Honestly not sure.
    • Probably/definitely Maths, Biology and maybe/probably Chemistry.
    • Currently struggling with not picking Sociology which i think i will adore.

Motivation/Christianity things:
    Spoiler:
    Show

• Td Jakes- A War between two worlds
      • Td Jakes - The Danger of low expectations

Past papers:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Will be updated

November mock results
    Spoiler:
    Show

Will be updated

Wow if only I was like this in year 10, I'd be getting all A*'s! Keep up with the hard work and it will surely pay of:^ ). Also take a look at this funny video of what its like to be Africanhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tALeNq5gH_k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigBackner)
    Wow if only I was like this in year 10, I'd be getting all A*'s! Keep up with the hard work and it will surely pay of:^ ). Also take a look at this funny video of what its like to be Africanhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tALeNq5gH_k
    Lol. I've see that guy before. This video is so accurate. Thank u and I hope it does.

ReputationRep:
    14/06/17
    Hours: 215 minutes
    Once again, today was a fantastically productive day.This week has been great so far.
    A MOCK RESULT: I found out my May Mock grade finally which contributed to today being a good day.I got an 8 AND my predicted grade got moved to a 9 which is epic. Previously, I used to question my mathematical ability so this really helps with that. I got a 7 in the mock before that,and i really really wanted a 8. I worked pretty hard for the May mocks, so i guess this shows that hard work really does breed good things which gives me motivation to keep studying after school and on the weekends etc. Wasn't really feeling revision but i pushed through
    • Chemistry: 3 topics
    • Reviewed a topic
    • Workbook on two topics
    • History: Started 2.3
    • English literature: Continues Macbeth 'revision guide'

ReputationRep:
    15/06/17
    Hours:200 minutes
    Today was another fantastically productive day. I managed to do a lot of chemistry in school and so was able to do 6 topics. That is a lot for me. Usually i do about 6 topic of science on a weekend day. I limit myself to 6 to limit the amount I have to review and move from short term memory to long term.

• History:Flashcards 2.3
    • Stared 2.4
    • Chemistry:6 topics
    • Workbook- 2 topics
    • Spanish:Memrise
    • Quizlet
    • English literature: learnt some key vocabulary

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.